TravelTalkOnline

Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD

Posted By: Dirk Lovelace

Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/21/2022 02:19 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are returning to JVD for a week in late October and arrived on Thursdays 10/27 via AA at 3:53 (fingers crossed). AA bumped to a later flight so now we will miss the 5:00 PM ferry to Roadtown. We used Ocean Dreams last year so I asked for a quote for this year and would cost $997 including custom fees. Does anyone have other ideas on getting from St. Thomas on a Thursday? I had considered Spirit Airlines which would get us there at 1:51 but flying with them seems like sadism.

Thanks for any input.
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/21/2022 02:48 PM

In March we used Island Time from St Thomas to Tortola. Great service, part of our group was delayed a couple of hours, the were tracking the flights, and it all worked out great. I would highly recommend you shooting them an email and asking about JVD (cannot imagine they couldn't take care of you!).

Good luck, and have a great trip!

Keep Smiling!!!

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/21/2022 06:26 PM

Thanks Peter I will contact them and see if they can help me out.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/21/2022 07:09 PM

If you find any cheaper than $997 that's a great deal. Island Time will probably be more like ~$1,800
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/21/2022 07:57 PM

Our girls did a run with Island Time, JVD to STT and it was far less than $1k including customs fees. RT STT to TMM base this coming January is less than 2K all in (tip extra). We use Island Time frequently. Worth every penny.

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/22/2022 12:57 PM

Thanks for the ideas and context on the price. If I could just figure out how to get there a few hours earlier. AA flight schedules change all the time. All they guarantee is that they will take your money not to get you there smile

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/24/2022 04:03 PM

Hi checked out Island Time and they quoted $1135 so will stick with Ocean Dreams who we used last week. Hope to snag an earlier flight but does not look good for that with the trimming of AA flights in general.
Posted By: CayView

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/25/2022 01:40 PM

There is a local boatman on JVD, Frankie Chinnery. We have used him multiple times from West End to our dock at Sandy Ground Estates. I know he has provided water taxi service from STT to JVD in the past. His mobile phone on WhatsApp is 284-441-2431 and his home number is 284-541-6457.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 09/26/2022 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by VirginGordaResident
If you find any cheaper than $997 that's a great deal. Island Time will probably be more like ~$1,800

I'm sorry, I had a complete brain fart here. Previous ~$1,800 quotes were for all the way up to Oil Nut Bay. Much less to go just to JVD
Posted By: Timeless38

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 10/27/2022 09:20 PM

My quote from Island time included a $40per person cash payment to the captain for international processing. Is this to get back into the US ?
Posted By: Timeless38

Re: Water Taxi Recommendations - STT-JVD - 10/27/2022 09:20 PM

My quote from Island time included a $40per person cash payment to the captain for international processing. Is this to get back into the US ?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline