TravelTalkOnline

Silver Airlines

Posted By: IWIWSE

Silver Airlines - 12/22/2022 04:19 PM

Found great prices for an April trip on AA to SJ then Silver to Eis. Has silver been reliable? I know a lot could change between now and April.
Thanks,
Ellen
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/22/2022 06:16 PM

Don't know about Silver, but I assume you are aware of the new nonstop from Miami to EIS on AA?
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/22/2022 06:19 PM

I thought I read that the MIA to EIS flights don’t start until June. If I’m wrong that would be great because we are currently flying Silver/American home in April.

Should also mention that for us at least, our return EIS>DJI>US is going to require an overnight in SJU. They just sprung that on us after originally booking an itinerary that would have gotten us home in one day. Par for the course these days I guess.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/22/2022 06:34 PM

duh I think you are correct, snmhanson! Sorry!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/22/2022 07:04 PM

Silver is not reliable. Their cancelation rates run pretty high but currently no one is really good on that route.
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/22/2022 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
duh I think you are correct, snmhanson! Sorry!

Was hoping that I was wrong - both to get a more direct route as well as avoid flying Silver. Oh well, with an overnight in SJU we have a pretty good cushion in case of cancellation.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/22/2022 10:17 PM

Some of our neighbors have had trouble with Silver, but our flight was perfect: left early, rollaboards in the cabin, four checked bags arrived. Could not have been better.

My best advice is book all your flights on one ticket. Your bags will be transferred and any mechanical delays are on them. Whatever cost-saving temptation there is to book separately is not worth it.
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/23/2022 12:48 AM

I ended up booking the flight DTW to EIS on American.Overnight in San Juan on the way down. $575pp. Even with the hotel in San Juan we save money. Last year we paid $585 to fly into STT. We are staying on Virgin Gorda so that also cuts out the ferry Stt to Road Town.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/23/2022 01:00 AM

Just save your paperwork showing that you have paid for checked bags. You may have to pick checked bags up if you overnight in San Juan, even if there was no connecting flight the night you arrive. We have been told we had to pay again on Silver, which should not be the case.
Posted By: GaryC

Re: Silver Airlines - 12/23/2022 03:43 PM

I fly them occasionally and always found them good. I flew with them last week and everything went well.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline