TravelTalkOnline

Anegada days

Posted By: Alex Corbishley

Anegada days - 01/02/2023 10:18 PM

We will be in the BVI in 2 weeks, can’t wait - it’s 25 degrees here in MN. Asking the hive mind - we really would like to optimize the time at Anegada and will likely stay 2 nights. Which would be the best days to visit for less people / congestion?
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Anegada days - 01/02/2023 11:04 PM

The quietest time here is Saturday and Sunday
Posted By: Alex Corbishley

Re: Anegada days - 01/02/2023 11:10 PM

Unfortunately we can’t make those two days work as we depart Moorings on Sun am. Is there any difference in the days of the week? For example should we head there immediately and spend Monday and Tuesday night there?
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Anegada days - 01/03/2023 02:14 AM

Assuming you get off the dock Sunday morning you can head to North Sound for the night and head to Anegada early Monday morning. Will be busy but not as busy as Tues/Wed.
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Anegada days - 01/05/2023 05:11 AM

Hey Alex I replied to your message so please check your inbox thanks!
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Anegada days - 01/05/2023 12:45 PM

Heading over tomorrow...everywhere has been SO quiet on VG so far but I'll report back as to how Fri seems over there.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Anegada days - 01/05/2023 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by skipdastraw
Heading over tomorrow...everywhere has been SO quiet on VG so far but I'll report back as to how Fri seems over there.

Things are slower here on Anegada this year compared to last year. Apparently, last year had many people finally getting their BVI trips that had been postponed due to Covid.

I also think that the government being slow in opening up after Covid made a lot of people find other vacation destinations, and some have taken to them in lieu of the BVI.

Re: Anegada days - 01/05/2023 03:43 PM

Seems that way....we were here this same time last year and it's much, much quieter now. The only place we saw more than a handful of people so far has been Fri night Jumbies and Hendo's. Everywhere else we have almost had to ourselves.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Anegada days - 01/06/2023 12:39 AM

I think as expenses climb, the financial strata of BVI vacationers tightens, too. New fees ( environmental fee), higher fees ( air fares, TAXI fares, cruising tax, NPT, ferry fares and luggage fees, departure, moorings) and more get to nickel and dime people to death as well as make the islands and cruising less welcoming.

Oh, yeah, I know all very well that any tourist economy is the exact same way ( I live in one). Those who wish to find something else, will do so.

Re: Anegada days - 01/07/2023 01:45 AM

Anegada was quiet today...Friday...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline