TravelTalkOnline

American Airlines - CLT to EIS

Posted By: Dirk Lovelace

American Airlines - CLT to EIS - 01/04/2023 02:13 PM

Took advantage of the new flight into Tortola this morning and snagged flights into EIS via SJU from CLT for $738 for late October-Early November. I hope the new flight proves to be somewhat reliable but no more ferry or water taxi from STT and worrying about getting to Red Hook!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: American Airlines - CLT to EIS - 01/04/2023 02:27 PM

Surely the new flight is Miami direct to EIS....and I thought it was nonstop..no???
Posted By: MKGrey

Re: American Airlines - CLT to EIS - 01/04/2023 02:31 PM

The new flight AA offers is MIA-EIS direct. The codeshare flights available on AA via SJU are not new. That said, the "old" codeshare flights are priced much more attractively out of Orlando (MCO) than the new direct flight out of MIA.
Posted By: Dirk Lovelace

Re: American Airlines - CLT to EIS - 01/04/2023 08:22 PM

Sorry for the confusion but spoke with AA and the direct from MIA-EIS is from June 1 to the end of August. I used twitter to talk with AA to actually get to the bottom of why I could not book the direct flight:

"We're a little perplexed as we're seeing available flights from Jun 1, CLT-MIA-EIS starting at 7a 770/3989 and there's overnight into the next day departing at 616p or 815p CLT MIA EIS 1278/2178 connecting the next day to 3989"

"Ahhh! We get it, the routing through MIA ends in AUG, so from that time on, the routing would be through SJU."

This was not at all clear on the press release so be advised.
Posted By: Husker

Re: American Airlines - CLT to EIS - 01/05/2023 07:45 PM

From what I've read this is planned to be a seasonal route. For this current season they weren't able to get it going until June (for logistical reasons?). Next season I believe AA is planning to run it from Nov thru August assuming the initial June-August '23 works out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline