TravelTalkOnline

Ferry Question

Posted By: Roddo

Ferry Question - 01/26/2023 08:31 PM

We are staying on Virgin Gorda in November and need to catch a 2:28pm flight home on a Friday. Is it feasible to leave that morning and get to the airport in time via ferry? At this point there are 7:00, 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. ferries to Road Town, which should be easy. It looks like there might be an 11:30 ferry from Road Town to STT, (although the schedules are not published for November yet). It seems feasible to make that flight but I don't know how much time Customs adds to the equation.. Opinions from anybody who's been on a similar schedule would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Ferry Question - 01/26/2023 09:27 PM

The 11:30 is to late for a 2:30 flight. It will be 1PM when you walk out of customs at the ferry if things go perfect. That’s past the bag check cutoff. If you don’t have checked bags and have global entry it might work. I would take the 10 and not worry about it.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Ferry Question - 01/27/2023 12:46 AM

Our flight leaves at that same time and we always get from VG no problem. Agree with George, don't get on any later than 10AM. We seem to depart on Sundays the last few trips and so we have done the 6AM to Trellis and then the 7:30 to STT. Honestly, if you don't mind getting up that early, it is a really easy time to do the trip stress free. You know you have back up options that way, plus the ferries and customs are rarely crowded that early. Last month we were through customs in about 10 minutes. It was great! We always like having a nice big breakfast at Glady's before our flight.
Posted By: Roddo

Re: Ferry Question - 01/29/2023 01:03 AM

Thanks for the input. I must have read the schedule for the wrong ferry company. Now I realize that Speedy's does indeed have a 10:00 a.m. departure, which should work fine for us.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline