TravelTalkOnline

Would we make flight in time

Posted By: tangerine3

Would we make flight in time - 02/11/2023 01:33 PM

Hello,

For an upcoming trip in May we had a last night planned (Fri, June 1) in CGB then ferry over to STT for a 5:50pm flight. Jet Blue changed flight; now have to fly out at 11:43am. Do you think it is possible to take either 7:30 ferry from RT to CA or 8:30am ferry from WE to Red Hook and get to the airport by 10:43. Or should we change our plans and stay the night on St Thomas? Don't really want to do that! Thank you
Posted By: steve74

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/11/2023 01:59 PM

They rigidly stop checking bags in St. Thomas 90 minutes prior to departure - I’d confirm this for Jet Blue since we haven’t flown JB before. I’d be nervous about the later ferry.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/11/2023 02:15 PM

From personal experience this is too tight. Could make it with a water taxi or earlier ferry.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/11/2023 03:59 PM

Personally, I would see what other flights Jet Blue has that day and change the flight time. With that big of a flight time change you should be able to get it changed without fees or paying the difference in fare.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/11/2023 04:10 PM

The 7:30 ferry should work if on time. The airport is not crowded that early. 60 minutes is their published international time for bag check.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/11/2023 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
. 60 minutes is their published international time for bag check.

I was told 90 minutes cutoff on multiple occasions. Once was refused baggage check at 1hr 20 minutes.

I was told this is a STT airport regulation and not airline specific.

Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/11/2023 07:37 PM

Can never know for sure, and it is a little tighter than my preference.

If I was in your shoes though I would risk it and feel pretty good about taking the 7:30am ferry from RT.

-7:30am ferry gets you to STT at 8:30am
(Let's say there is a 30 minute delay, so call it 9:00am)
-Then let's say 1.5 hours for Customs (usually is significantly faster than this but be safe)
-9:00am to 10:30am
-Then 15 minute taxi ride to airport
-That puts you to the airport at 10:45am, still an hour ahead of your flight which should allow you to make it
Posted By: tangerine3

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/13/2023 10:25 PM

Thanks all yes I wish there was another JB flight but there isn't and there is another kicker the flight from STT at 11:43 has a connection in SJU and that flight doesn't leave until 8:45pm so that means stuck in SJU for over 7hrs! I'm actually thinking about changing to a flight out of EIS to SJU at a later time and keeping the SJU connection at 8:45pm. That means choosing Intercaribbean though. I will not lose the JB 1st leg as it will go to a air credit. Jet Blue is a pain in the A!! Or I can just wait and it will probably change again :)) Good grief.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/13/2023 10:32 PM

Jet Blue is a Cape Air partner. Have you called to see if they will put you on a CA flight, since they're the ones who caused the problem?
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/14/2023 03:02 AM

If you can't change it to fly out of EIS, you can always rent a car in SJU and explore a bit during the layover. Or take a cab to either Old San Juan (historical adventure) or Isla Verde (beach adventure).
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Would we make flight in time - 02/14/2023 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by tangerine3
Hello,Jet Blue changed flight;

JB did the same to us. Moved our JB flight on the way home departing SJU forward by one hour cutting our layover time to get thru C and I down to 1 hr.
Too close for comfort for me.
We had too rebooked on an earlier Silver flight out of EIS. Now a 4hr+ lay over at SJU vs 2hr.
This all had to be done thru JB. Spent longer on hold than our layover! cloud
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline