TravelTalkOnline

water taxi from CGB to JVD any?

Posted By: tangerine3

water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/13/2023 10:38 PM

Anyone know if there is a steady water taxi service from CGB to JVD and have any idea what the rate might be? Staying in CGB for 5 nights at the end of May and want to plan a day on JVD. Have seen a water taxi service on CGB before but that was a long long time ago. Either that or it would be taxi, WE ferry, taxi, or renting a car for a couple of days as want to get to Smugglers cove as well on a different day.

What do you think would be the most cost effective? do not mind paying a little more for convenience though. Have no idea anymore the taxi rate from CGB to WE and visa versa it is only me paying for taxi, no sharing option. Thanks!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/13/2023 11:55 PM

I would simply cab to WE and take the ferry..unless you can put a group together..

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/13/2023 11:55 PM

I would simply cab to WE and take the ferry..unless you can put a group together..
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/14/2023 02:06 AM

Agree with Manpot. A water taxi will charge too much (nothing “regular” from there all water taxis are special runs). Taxi to WE and take the ferry.
Posted By: crmoores

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/14/2023 03:00 AM

I recommended checking here because we’ve used a couple different outfits in the past for more flexibility (later departure from Jost) and the price wasn’t that bad. But the ferry is the way to go for $$, and has a decent schedule.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/14/2023 03:19 AM

Water taxi rates have gotten pretty steep over the past few years - so much demand for the longer runs and now day trippers from STJ again. It certainly isn’t what it used to be.
Posted By: tangerine3

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/14/2023 03:22 AM

ok thanks

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/14/2023 01:31 PM

And to clarify, these were just operators working out of CGB renting water toys and offering runs over to Jost, not actual water taxi outfits…One established vendor was there for years and may still be, and I obtained another’s contact info on this forum, but that was a few years ago.
So I suggested to tangerine posing that question here to see if anyone working/living in CGB area had a current contact…

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/14/2023 05:14 PM

I certainly went from CGB to JVD with folks running their boats out of the bay and it was very reasonable.But I dont know anyone there now doing it..they are making to much money renting chairs to cruise shippers..Back then we would put a group of four or five together and run from the dinghy dock..probably buy our "Capt" lunch and he'd charge about $40 a head ( if my memory serves me). Those were good times and days..

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/14/2023 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
I certainly went from CGB to JVD with folks running their boats out of the bay and it was very reasonable.But I dont know anyone there now doing it..they are making to much money renting chairs to cruise shippers..Back then we would put a group of four or five together and run from the dinghy dock..probably buy our "Capt" lunch and he'd charge about $40 a head ( if my memory serves me). Those were good times and days..

Sounds about right! Too bad those days are gone…
Posted By: calsail

Re: water taxi from CGB to JVD any? - 02/15/2023 11:41 PM

Really do miss Mitch.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline