TravelTalkOnline

Latest Anegada Ferry options

Posted By: BVIslandGirl

Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/04/2023 09:31 AM

Hello everyone!

I've been searching for the past 45 minutes re the current ferry options from Tortola to Anegada and also from Anegada to Virgin Gorda. I believe Smith's does a 3 x / week schedule although it's not showing up on their website ATM (I've messaged them). I also heard that the Anegada Express was going to restart but all I get when I google them is "Coming Soon".

I'm in the process of trying to confirm my accommodations (non-refundable) so really need to get hold of this info ASAP. Any help is much appreciated!

Thank You!

Gail (aka GT :-)
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/04/2023 10:08 AM

AFAIK, Smith's runs Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Anegada Express no longer runs. ABC may be able to provide transport for their guests. There is no scheduled air service.

You will need to charter a plane or arrange a water taxi for other times.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/04/2023 10:10 AM

I believe from RT its still three days week..Monday, Wed and Friday..leaving RT ( I believe at 7.30 and returning about 5. I keep hearing about The Anegada Express "coming soon" but I would not count on it. You might post here when (if) this is confirmed..Enjoy Anegada..
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/04/2023 12:30 PM

There is morning and afternoon ferry service from Road Town on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The ferry service operator alternates bi-weekly between Smith's Ferry and Road Town Fast Ferry.

The morning ferry leaves Road Town at 7:00am, stops at Virgin Gorda about 7:40, then continues to Anegada, arriving at around 8:30. It returns to directly to Road Town (no VG stop), arriving at about 9:45.

The afternoon ferry leaves Road Town at 3:30pm and goes directly to Anegada (no VG stop), arriving at around 4:40. It returns with a stop at Virgin Gorda, then back to Road Town, arriving at around 6:30.

The Anegada Express is no longer in operation.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/04/2023 01:14 PM

Does Island Birds still fly to Anegada? Cost? Yes, I can call Nadia. Just curious if anyone has any recent experience with them.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/04/2023 01:37 PM

Yes they do. We have friends who have chartered with them.

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/05/2023 12:17 AM

thanks my dear!! xxoo

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/05/2023 12:18 AM

thanks my dear!! xxoo

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/05/2023 12:18 AM

That last one as for you, Manpot! lol

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/05/2023 12:20 AM

Thanks all. I found the same info when searching but was crossing fingers for some good news on the Express, darn it. There will be 5 of us so a charter flite or water taxi may work.

If I find any more news, will share!

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/05/2023 12:23 AM

One more question for the moment ... does anyone know who does water taxi to Anegada?

Mal, wanna sail up? ;-)
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/05/2023 03:20 PM

We've used Johnny's Maritime Services a few times from Red Hook to Anegada.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/05/2023 03:49 PM

Apparently (by observation) there is a Sunday ferry from Road Town to Setting Point (Anegada). It sits at the government dock all day and returns in the evening. I don't have the exact timing - it arrived while we were eating breakfast at Anegada Reef Hotel. I was told it was operated by Smith's. I don't see any schedule posted (and I forgot to look when at the ferry terminal in Road Town).
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Latest Anegada Ferry options - 03/06/2023 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by ecm56
Apparently (by observation) there is a Sunday ferry from Road Town to Setting Point (Anegada). It sits at the government dock all day and returns in the evening. I don't have the exact timing - it arrived while we were eating breakfast at Anegada Reef Hotel. I was told it was operated by Smith's. I don't see any schedule posted (and I forgot to look when at the ferry terminal in Road Town).

The Sunday ferry seems to run most Sundays, but not all. I would not schedule a trip depending on it. It is operated by Road Town Fast Ferry.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline