TravelTalkOnline

One night in St. Thomas

Posted By: RIlurky

One night in St. Thomas - 03/20/2023 07:12 PM

Hi, planning our first barefoot charter to BVI in April. Our flight arrives too late to catch the last ferry to Tortola so I booked rooms at Windward Passage. New to this forum and reading that most recommend avoiding Windward Passage. Thinking of bagging that idea, but does anyone have any other recommendations for a 1 night stay in St. Thomas. We have reservation for the 9am ferry out of Charlotte Amelia on Saturday.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/20/2023 08:20 PM

Olga's Fancy in Frenchtown (and not far from Windward Passage) is my favorite. It fills quickly so it may not be an option with so little time before you travel.
Posted By: Mark

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/20/2023 09:50 PM

Emerald Beach Resort is a nice place to relax with beach and pool. Very close to the airport and short cab ride to ferry. Recommend Kevin Cambell for taxi 340-643-0025. Send text.
Posted By: Nibj

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 12:13 AM

We stayed at the Windward Passage in late January for one night on the way to our charter in the BVI. It was fine - the lobby was a bit musty, but our room was clean, comfortable and the AC and plumbing worked well. No complaints. It is very convenient for the ferry of course. We even had burgers for dinner at their restaurant - again no complaints (it was raining and late).

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 02:02 PM

Thank you for the input. I see Olga's is not available. Nibj, thanks for the feedback. Nice to hear that for the short layover Windward Passage may be okay. Mark, Emerald Beach Resorts looks nice. Appreciate the feedback.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 04:09 PM

Windward Passage is a last resort for me if I cant get into Emerald Beach. While the rooms are fine at WP the layout is awful, the bar doesnt open until evening, they rarely have their cafe open from breakfast and you cant check in til 4 when there may be 50 folks in line.At Emerald Beach they store your bags til you can check in.Tyler at the beach bar is terrific and you are right on the sand.No brainer for me..

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 04:31 PM

Manpot. Thanks. I may see if my group wants to switch to Emerald Beach. We don't arrive at STT until nearly 3pm and we are catching the 9am RT Fast Ferry.
Posted By: calsail

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 05:37 PM

Windward Passage is really convenient as in a short walk to the ferry even with luggage BUT the last resort if Emerald Beach or Olgas are full. Listen to Malcolm
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 05:52 PM

No one talks about Ronnie's Crystal Palace anymore. Is it still open?
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 07:08 PM

Anyone stay at Bolongo recently? Haven't been since Irma but it was always decent with a nice beach. It's a little further drive though.
I am anxious to try the the new Frenchmans Reef.
Posted By: charlie

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 10:00 PM

Hi Carol, and, alas, Ronnie at Crystal has a minimum of two nights, which we did once and had an ok time. But, alas again, last night is St. Thomas so just one night, not two...
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/21/2023 10:19 PM

Sadly Ronne passied away 9/ 27/ 2022 -----and is really missed in STT

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.c...5dcfd68-cc89-50e7-a8e5-e5c7df4ed0d4.html
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 03/22/2023 12:41 AM

LocalSailor--sorry to hear that. It was a few years ago, but we enjoyed meeting him and our stay there.
Posted By: knitsoftwear

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 05/22/2023 08:04 PM

We love Olga's but it does book up. Emerald Beach always seems a little grubby
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline