TravelTalkOnline

Marina near the airport

Posted By: VI Fun!

Marina near the airport - 03/28/2023 11:53 PM

Hi,
I was wondering which marina is recommended for over night to be close to the Beef Island airport. We have a few crew members that need to fly home before our charter is complete. I can't find much information about Penn's Landing or JY Harbour View Marina. I welcome other recommendations as well. I was hoping to be at a marina where our crew can easily catch a cab for a short ride to the airport in the morning. It would be good to have some provisioning close by to restock for our remaining days.
Thank you!
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Marina near the airport - 03/29/2023 12:19 AM

Not a marina but we always drop/pick up at Trellis. There is a market, dinghy dock and it is a short walk to the airport.
Posted By: snmhanson

Re: Marina near the airport - 03/29/2023 01:11 AM

We stayed at the Scrub Island marina to pick up and drop off guests several years ago. Arriving they just walked from the airport terminal to the ferry dock (~800') and then jumped on the Scrub ferry for the five minute ride over. Just the opposite for departing. Not sure if that is still an option but might be worth looking into. They do have a nice store for stocking up on a few things, though maybe a little expensive.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Marina near the airport - 03/29/2023 09:34 PM

What CaribbeanGirl said. If you don't actually need a marina, Trellis is an ideal place to stop for crew drop off and minor provisions. Good protected bay for anchoring or mooring. Shops, restaurants, bars a plenty. Easy short dinghy to dock and 5-minute walk to airport terminal. No taxi required. Other nearby options are Marina Cay (which features great access to Diamond Reef snorkeling). Scrub is the closest actual marina....they have a quick ferry service from there to the Trellis Bay dock.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline