TravelTalkOnline

Availability Lobster in July

Posted By: MarkS

Availability Lobster in July - 04/16/2023 06:27 PM

Last year in mid July most places did not have Lobster. I didn't realize there was a season! Was that a fluke? I'm scheduled this year 7/15 to 7/23. Is it likely that there will be no Lobster particularly on Anegada.

Local knowledge is appreciated!
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/16/2023 06:47 PM

Lobster season starts on July 1st.
Posted By: Lexington14

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/16/2023 07:02 PM

To my knowledge lobster season opens November 1 and closes August 1. That does not mean you won’t find lobster in restaurants after July 31st……..
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/16/2023 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by tradewinds
Lobster season starts on July 1st.

Step away from the vodka, Chris!

Lobster season closes August 1 and reopens November 1.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/17/2023 03:11 PM

Oops, I meant to say closes 7/1. My bad. I’ll put myself in the corner.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/18/2023 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by tradewinds
Oops, I meant to say closes 7/1. My bad. I’ll put myself in the corner.

Looks like you are not far enough away from the bottle. 7/1 is July 1. Season closes August 1 - (8/1).
Posted By: Mark

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/19/2023 03:23 AM

Hi Mark S,

We are chartering about the same time 7/13-7/24. I have checked with some of the restaurants on Anegada and they will be serving lobster.

Mark S

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/20/2023 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mark
Hi Mark S,

We are chartering about the same time 7/13-7/24. I have checked with some of the restaurants on Anegada and they will be serving lobster.

Mark S

Thanks Mark S! I appreciate you sharing your legwork! See you down there!
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/20/2023 12:14 PM

I agree, I have been able to have lobster out of season. HOWEVER, a couple years ago at one of the top restaurants in Anageda , which proudly offered lobster during off season, it was the VERY worst lobster I ever had. It was totally mush from being frozen and tasteless. The farther into the off season for lobster, I’d order something else.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/21/2023 02:54 AM

We are going to Wonky Dog. Last time in July, they pulled the lobsters for us out of the cage at the base of their dock. The food was excellent and we enjoyed the service

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/21/2023 10:43 PM

The Lobster Rockefeller at The Wony Dog is one of the greatest dishes I've had anywhere. That place is a must visit on our itinerary.
Posted By: louismcc

Re: Availability Lobster in July - 04/22/2023 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by MarkS
The Lobster Rockefeller at The Wony Dog is one of the greatest dishes I've had anywhere. That place is a must visit on our itinerary.

I'll second the review of Wonky Dog's Lobster Rockefeller. During our July 2021 trip, COVID shutdown in restaurant eating the day we planned to stop there. No problem, they did a great job with takeout. Best takeout dinner I've ever eaten!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline