TravelTalkOnline

Marina Cay reopening

Posted By: xrayman67

Marina Cay reopening - 05/12/2023 10:23 PM

I just received an email announcing the reopening of Marina Cay on June 21. They are selling tickets for the reopening party. Great news!!!
Posted By: Kegoangoango

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/12/2023 10:45 PM

I hope their opening during the low season.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/12/2023 10:45 PM

We had a mooring ball there earlier this month. Looked like they still had a long way to go so the email we also received today really surprised me……
Posted By: Mark

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/14/2023 01:48 PM

Looking forward to having them re-open. We will be down mid-July and will plan to stop by and have a cocktail at the bar. It us a really great spot and really happy to have them be able to reopen.
Posted By: gordapeak

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/14/2023 06:15 PM

May be wrong, but I am getting the feeling it's going to be a "branch office" of Scrub Island, as opposed to the rebirth of what we all used to love.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/14/2023 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by gordapeak
May be wrong, but I am getting the feeling it's going to be a "branch office" of Scrub Island, as opposed to the rebirth of what we all used to love.

I think the property has amazing potential and actually could have been a lot better back in the day. Eager to see what they do with it.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/14/2023 08:39 PM

I was told they were going for a Caribbean vibe and menu, different from that at Scrub. I know some of the key staff pretty well, and am optimistic.

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/14/2023 09:28 PM

As I said, hope I'm wrong. I just remember how much we loved Donovans Reef when the McManus family ran it, and while Scrub is a very nice upscale resort, to many "old-timers" it's a step backward. For the longest time we also felt "out of place" at Bitter End; that said, after spending a couple nights moored there our last trip I feel like Richard and Lauren Hokin get it, and have backed off the feel to include us Sailboat Trash. If they include a resort fee, I'm out?
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/14/2023 09:59 PM

Ratman first stayed on Marina Cay in 1966. Does that qualify him as an "old timer"? We well remember Scrub when it was just a lovely beach, pre Donovan's Beach. Few people have more incentive to see Marina Cay succeed, and we're optimistic.

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 05/14/2023 10:53 PM

Dig it - keep us posted?
Posted By: ColPepper

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 06/01/2023 02:27 PM

Is Marina Cay resto open now? Next week?
Pre-open? Serving food and bevs?
Are the mooring balls in good shape?
Thanks
Posted By: hallucination

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 06/01/2023 04:29 PM

balls are fine, main old dining area still trashed. didn't see a building that was right. yesterday...
Posted By: Sailandfly

Re: Marina Cay reopening - 08/11/2023 08:54 PM

Is Marina Cay open in October?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline