TravelTalkOnline

Roam App - User Fee Decal

Posted By: steve74

Roam App - User Fee Decal - 06/15/2023 10:31 PM

Hi everyone! We are flying down on Saturday, and we are going to St. John for a few days on the boat. We did this regularly before COVID, but not since. I’ve entered everything in Sailclear and Roam - except the boat in Roam. It’s asking for this, and I don’t know how to answer. It is a required field. Does anybody have an answer? Thank you!
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 06/15/2023 10:53 PM

In ROAM app, go to the Modes of Travel icon at the bottom of the screen.

Enter vessel make, year, registration country (& state or USCG registered, as applicable), registration number, name of boat, length, CBP User Fee Decal Number, and Flag Country of vessel.

When you submit a ROAM arrival, you start by selecting the vessel that is arriiving and then selecting from your pre-populated list the captain/master and crew/passengers that are on board. You'll then answer online the usual customs declaration questions about which port you are entering, last country visited, and currency and food onboard.

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 06/15/2023 11:16 PM

Thank you BaardJ! Do you know how to answer the User Fee Decal box?
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 06/16/2023 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by steve74
Thank you BaardJ! Do you know how to answer the User Fee Decal box?

If the boat does not already have a Decal, you will need to apply for decal to be able to use ROAM app(IIRC). You can apply for Decal online and use ROAM app even without physically having received Decal.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 06/16/2023 05:28 AM

Purchase the decal online at CBP DTOPS (Decal and Transponder Online Procurement System). www.dtops.cbp.dhs.gov

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 06/16/2023 04:05 PM

Thank you guys!
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 10/29/2023 07:39 PM

You can't purchase a decal for a boat that is not yours, right? I own a boat, but it is in Martinique so we will be using another Moorings/Sunsail boat based in the BVI.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 10/29/2023 07:55 PM

We own our boat and have a decal on it. No big deal not being able to use roam. In the past, we have gotten a mooring ball just outside Cruz Bay and taken the dingy in, tying up t the far left of customs and walk over.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 10/30/2023 01:12 AM

We have done the same but was just reading about being able to check in virtually if you have the decal, which seemed awesome!
Posted By: rcevans100

Re: Roam App - User Fee Decal - 11/16/2023 12:05 AM

A little late replying..
We just checked in at Cruz bay … directed to fill in the Roam details at a kiosk. Of course no DTOPS number ss not my boat. The customs agent said … just fill in NONE1.

I asked if this would work if doing it remotely … ?
The answer was Yes. So no DTOPS number needed … at least for USVI.

The NPS dock and building is being renovated .. so you have to leave your dinghy either side of the ferry terminal.

Cheers

Bob
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline