TravelTalkOnline

Tropical Storm Philippe

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Tropical Storm Philippe - 10/03/2023 02:45 PM

Tropical storm watch issued for the BVI. Be careful out there, people!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Tropical Storm Philippe - 10/04/2023 11:45 AM

The safest place to be with Phillipe around is the center of whatever track the NHC has published. That storm just is not trainable and refuses to listen. Thankfully it’s staying a TS. Should solve the BVI’s need for water.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Tropical Storm Philippe - 10/04/2023 12:23 PM

BVI airports are closed today until further notice due to the storm.
https://bvi.gov.vg/media-centre/closure-territory-s-airports-due-tropical-storm-phillipe
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Tropical Storm Philippe - 10/04/2023 01:54 PM

There was rain, wind, thunder and lightning all night. Everything is closed and the power is out. When will I learn not to keep the freezer full.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Tropical Storm Philippe - 10/04/2023 04:23 PM

How you guys on Tortola holding up? Seen some brutal flooding pics/videos from Road Town. And a friend at Brewer's said the road is completely washed out.

All appears to be good here North Sound, VG. We have power and I drove down to Lev this morning to check on the bilge pump in my dinghy. No issues to speak of
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Tropical Storm Philippe - 10/05/2023 02:26 PM

Cane Garden Bay webcam shows partly sunny skies today. Hope everyone got some water in the cistern but had no damage.
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Tropical Storm Philippe - 10/05/2023 06:41 PM

Still pretty choppy at White Bay (Soggy Dollar Cam).

Somebody was a bunch of sea grass to clean up!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Tropical Storm Philippe - 10/05/2023 06:56 PM

St Thomas is currently reporting the wind at 8 knots out of the south. That’s unusual and creates what you see on the webcam. If the wind was blowing the usual 15 knots and from the south White Bay would be quite nasty!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline