TravelTalkOnline

Trellis Bay to North Sound

Posted By: toast

Trellis Bay to North Sound - 11/28/2023 01:27 PM

I found the trellis to Spanish town ferry.

But I would so much prefer a run straight to North Sound Leverick Bay.

Got one private water taxi quote of $950!, no thank you. Anyone know of a reasonable priced way to get there without going through Spanish town?
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Trellis Bay to North Sound - 11/28/2023 01:43 PM

To the best of my knowledge Saba now runs the Saba Express, leaving Loose Mongoose every day at noon. I would assume this is for overnight guests but don't know if they make exceptions. At the least I would think they would want you to make a dining reservation.
This of course would put you on Saba and then you would take the water taxi back to mainland. Can't hurt to call Saba and inquire. It would be awesome if they agreed to take you.
If that doesn't work, there really is no other way to avoid either Spanishtown or a water taxi.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Trellis Bay to North Sound - 11/28/2023 02:18 PM

I recall Saba posted that their ferry is currently not operating. Only options are water taxi, Speedy's ferry or the car ferry.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Trellis Bay to North Sound - 11/28/2023 08:35 PM

Saba Express suspended their service on 11/21/23 until further notice according to Saba Rock FB post. I haven't seen any further update.
Posted By: toast

Re: Trellis Bay to North Sound - 11/29/2023 02:29 PM

thank you everyone. Knew it was a long shot
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Trellis Bay to North Sound - 11/29/2023 08:28 PM

Second the above for the Saba Rock Express. That is the only regular publicly available option.

Otherwise, I can give you contact information for a local North Sound captain. They usually charge $400 for the run from Trellis to North Sound. Still not necessarily reasonable, but much cheaper than your above quote.

Lmk if you are interested
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline