TravelTalkOnline

Beach Front Rooms on Tortola

Posted By: SoCalGal

Beach Front Rooms on Tortola - 12/14/2023 09:08 PM

What are some of the best beach front rooms on Tortola. Have traveled to BVI 15 times on a Cat and this time doing some time land based.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Beach Front Rooms on Tortola - 12/14/2023 09:54 PM

Sugar Mill, where the hotel is across the street from the beach, with the casual restaurant. Lower budget, but Sebastian's is on a nice beach. Long Bay west. Not personally a fan of Lambert, but it's on the beach. There are places in CGB, but too crowded now with cruise ship people for my liking.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Beach Front Rooms on Tortola - 12/14/2023 10:18 PM

Agree with RW. Sugar Mill is a beautiful property. CGB is just too busy on cruise ship days and there are so many cruise ships nowadays that it is hard to avoid them, unfortunately.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Beach Front Rooms on Tortola - 12/15/2023 01:28 PM

My rental studio is at the water's edge of Little Apple Bay, Tortola...basic but lovely and reasonable...Totally agree its hard to beat The Sugar Mill for food, ambiance and staff..I am there a lot of my life down her as its just a mile down the road..
Posted By: tangerine3

Re: Beach Front Rooms on Tortola - 12/20/2023 10:52 PM

I disagree with not staying on CGB. We just stayed in The Lighthouse Villas this past June, not beachfront but great view and only a short walk across the street. When cruise ship passengers come (and it is not everyday) they shop have a beer/drink and they are gone in about 45min. Myette's and Rhymers are the only ones that are truly beachfront, Rhymers is low budget, Myettes has very nice garden setting and on the beach with a good restaurant. There is also Coconut Breeze Villas up the hill short walk to beach.
Posted By: mollymouse

Re: Beach Front Rooms on Tortola - 12/26/2023 04:01 PM

Sugar Mill - gorgeous setting, across road from (small) beach; spent silver anniversary there, great times
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Beach Front Rooms on Tortola - 12/27/2023 03:52 PM

tangerine3 : "There is also Coconut Breeze Villas up the hill short walk to beach."

Great clean and very private cottages, with great views.
Far enough up the hill to get you away from the beach crowd when you want.
Watch the last cruise ship bus leave and head on down.
Posted By: toast

Re: Beach Front Rooms on Tortola - 12/27/2023 08:26 PM

I would also say do not rule out Cane, we stay there every year. No need for a car if you don't want one. Enough to do right there as well as two small groceries to cook a meal in or have breakfast. Columbus Sunset apts is also an option, across from the beach and oh so very close to my favorite Indigo House.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline