TravelTalkOnline

Drop off meals Virgin Gorda

Posted By: Cleobeach

Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 12/29/2023 07:58 PM

Hello

We are returning to VG again next month after decamping to Vieques last year.

Because I am the only cook at home in our real life, I do not want to do it on vacation.

I am looking for recommendations for drop off meals on VG, primarily lunches and one dinner. We are a party of four, staying at Mahoe Bay.

We used BVI Chefs in the past and would prefer to try a different company.

Thanks
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 12/29/2023 10:27 PM

I know the chef we always use has done that in the past just not sure he still does. I'm here now and will see him next week. I'll see if I can get recommendations.

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 12/31/2023 12:40 AM

Thank you, I look forward to learning more.
Posted By: Fitzhughlaw

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 12/31/2023 02:36 PM

Cleo, sorry to appear to be "dense," but when you say "drop off meals," do you mean delivery akin to DoorDash or Uber Eats, or you can pick up a take out order nearby, or you want the meal cooked on-site?

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 12/31/2023 04:03 PM

Ready to eat meals prepared off site by the chef and delivered to the house. Last trip we had roti, bbq chicken, and lobsters (with sides) dropped off.

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 12/31/2023 05:17 PM

Chef Monk is highly regarded by those who have engaged his services at my villa in Mahoe, and he does both on-site meal preparation as well as cooking at his own kitchen and then dropping off. His email is jermainegeorge74@gmail.com and his phone number is (284) 342-4548.

https://www.facebook.com/p/Personal...scQdZH5QPq4CFR8VUdw4oZ7KFSGmLOM&_rdr

Attached picture Chef Jermaine.jpg
Posted By: knitsoftwear

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 12/31/2023 07:19 PM

I think he used to be the chef at Biras

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 12/31/2023 08:00 PM

Thanks Fritz! I will contact him and telling you sent me.

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 01/01/2024 01:36 PM

Knits, he was indeed, and oddly enough, my first trip to Virgin Gorda was a stay at Biras Creek in 2006. It was a wonderful experience and the dining was nonpareil. As I mentioned to Cleo in a recent PM, every one of my guests at Sea Fans who have engaged him has nothing but great things to say about the experience he provides. MAF
Posted By: GettinBye

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 01/01/2024 08:53 PM

I love this idea!!! I just emailed him. We are at mango bay resort and assumed we would eat out primarily. But it would be wonderful to relax and have someone come in and cook - or just drop off. Either!! Thank you for this info.
Posted By: knitsoftwear

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 01/01/2024 10:27 PM

we stayed there for years and the dining was always wonderful
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 01/02/2024 02:09 AM

Have heard good things about Chef Monk but we've always used Chet (chetty41@hotmail.com) and I adore him. As another option.
Just had the best oxtail meal ever last night at the VGYH celebration done by Nelda. I don't think she delivers but her food is all Home cooked take out. Fabulous. You can call her and find out what's on the menu for that day.
284 541-6238

Re: Drop off meals Virgin Gorda - 01/02/2024 05:58 PM

Thanks for the additional ideas. Years back, we often visited the food stands for take away. I don't know why we got out of that habit.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline