TravelTalkOnline

Anegada ideas, day trip

Posted By: Cleobeach

Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/13/2024 11:18 PM

While on VG next month, our son requested a return trip to Anegada. We chartered with Dive BVI and will use Kelly’s for conch island and the (hopefully) the flamingos.

One traveling companion isn’t a snorkeler/swimmer but loves the beach and walking on the beach. My thought was to have the friend take a taxi some place where he could chill and we would meet up with him later for lunch.

Your suggestions?
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/13/2024 11:50 PM

Have your companion take the complimentary shuttle from the Lobster Trap to Anegaga Beach Club. Great way to enjoy the beach. They also have a freshwater pool and the food is awesome! Super friendly staff. Always welcome.
Posted By: Kmon

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/14/2024 12:54 AM

Unless things have changed since we were there, Cow Wreck has a.beach for long walks
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/14/2024 01:07 PM

He's looking for Tipsy. Great beach, great food and bar, and lots of activities, including miniature golf.

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/14/2024 05:16 PM

Educate me - is Tipsy’s the same as the Cow Wreck beach bar? When I google both, they look like the same place.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/14/2024 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cleobeach
Educate me - is Tipsy’s the same as the Cow Wreck beach bar? When I google both, they look like the same place.
TIpsy is about 150 yards to the east of Cow Wreck Beach bar. Technically, both are on Cow Wreck Beach.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/14/2024 07:32 PM

Here is the Google Map satellite view - it is fairly accurate.

Attached picture Cow-Wreck-Tipsy-Satellite-View.jpg
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/14/2024 07:36 PM

Your friend could take the shuttle from Lobster Trap to Anegada Beach Club, have a beverage, then walk the beach (about a mile and a half) to Tipsy to meet the rest of the crew for lunch and additional beverages as well as games.

Attached picture Cow-Wreck-Tipsy-ABC-Satellite-View.jpg
Posted By: bailau

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/14/2024 09:59 PM

Captain Kelly is great....we have been out wiht him 5 times. Bring swim noodles more for visability then floatation but the latter is helpful

Re: Anegada ideas, day trip - 01/14/2024 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by ecm56
Your friend could take the shuttle from Lobster Trap to Anegada Beach Club, have a beverage, then walk the beach (about a mile and a half) to Tipsy to meet the rest of the crew for lunch and additional beverages as well as games.

Excellent idea! Thanks so much!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline