TravelTalkOnline

West End Vs Road Town Customs

Posted By: SacoFrank

West End Vs Road Town Customs - 01/16/2024 05:05 PM

We will be traveling back to Tortola in February. We usually take a water taxi and clear customs in West End then onto Nanny Cay by the same water taxi.. This time we will be taking the ferry. Curious if anyone has feedback on clearing customs in West end vs Road Town. Is one easier/quicker? Our end location is Nanny Cay. I am thinking Wes End is quicker as it gets us on the road to Nanny sooner. Just not sure how that location is usually staffed. Of course it also depends on how loaded the ferry is.
Posted By: vytis104

Re: West End Vs Road Town Customs - 01/16/2024 05:48 PM

Personally, I prefer West End. The Road Town one is always a cluster and takes forever.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: West End Vs Road Town Customs - 01/16/2024 06:48 PM

I second the vote for doing the doing West End over Road Town. Nanny Cay is about in the middle, with perhaps a bit shorter trip from the West End (traffic & speed bumps).
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: West End Vs Road Town Customs - 01/16/2024 06:58 PM

something to factor into your travels is you have to taxi to Red Hook not Charlotte Amalie for the West End ferries these days
Posted By: SacoFrank

Re: West End Vs Road Town Customs - 01/17/2024 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by LauraTheTshirtGal
something to factor into your travels is you have to taxi to Red Hook not Charlotte Amalie for the West End ferries these days

Great point and something I did not think of. Thanks for that.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline