TravelTalkOnline

Saildoggie marker for Dawg Rocks...

Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Saildoggie marker for Dawg Rocks... - 03/05/2024 12:00 AM

...has resurfaced, literally! Apparently it doesn't float due to bottom damage so it will be on a land based vacation from now on unless someone has some magic they can work on it.

Dawg Rocks Mark

Thanks to Jim Kelley for spotting it and Bruce for relocating it to Ali Baba's. Stop by Ali Baba's, grab a beer, rum or whatever and give the Dawg a cheers...if you do, please share a pic, his daughter Nicole would love that! cheers

I should add there is a funny story behind this for those that didn't know Mark Paulson aka Saildoggie aka Dawg..... a long time active TTOL member and organizer of years of fun TTOL flotillas. I know others who were there can tell it better!
RIP Saildoggie

Attached picture Dawg buoy.jpg
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Saildoggie marker for Dawg Rocks... - 03/05/2024 02:40 AM

Oh my..the tales we could tell! I was with the Dawg on the Catfight when we hit the rock and then some other good folks put the marker there before the storm took it away.So happy to see it..wish I could have snagged it for CRC!! I will definitely toast Dawg at Ali Baba's..giving it my best Dawg impersonation!!!!
Posted By: HillsideView

Re: Saildoggie marker for Dawg Rocks... - 03/05/2024 08:37 PM

The Dawgs memory lives on. Stop by Alibabas and have a beer or 10 in his memory.
Posted By: boatjunkie

Re: Saildoggie marker for Dawg Rocks... - 03/06/2024 04:12 AM

Yep! Remember hitting that rock like it was yesterday! Good times!
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: Saildoggie marker for Dawg Rocks... - 03/06/2024 05:20 PM

Watch out for gravity storms!!
I was at that race, but avoided the rock.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline