TravelTalkOnline

Expired Passport renewal expedited status

Posted By: ggffrr11

Expired Passport renewal expedited status - 04/09/2024 09:16 PM

Have a USA crew member needing a renewal of an "expired" passport for travel to BVI in 30 days. What's the best option of the non-commercial (low dollar) pathways? What are the odds of completing this in 30 days?

thx, rrs
Posted By: ohstate

Re: Expired Passport renewal expedited status - 04/09/2024 09:31 PM

I met a guy in San Juan with a long layover at the airport. Really long because his passport didn’t have 6 months left on it. Apparently they have an in person option at the passport office there and he was able to get it renewed. They have a few in other cities if you check online.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Expired Passport renewal expedited status - 04/09/2024 09:44 PM

Our recent experience was a quick turnaround with the standard expedited fee, much less than estimated.
Posted By: MKGrey

Re: Expired Passport renewal expedited status - 04/09/2024 10:17 PM

With under 30 days to go, I would recommend trying to make an appointment in person at one of the various locations where they provide same day service.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Expired Passport renewal expedited status - 04/09/2024 11:48 PM

Absolutely go to a passport office with same day service. Friends with a recent “expedited” renewal say there new passports 7 weeks after submission.
Posted By: vytis104

Re: Expired Passport renewal expedited status - 04/10/2024 03:20 AM

Honestly, with 30 days, Id call your local House Rep. Thats pretty much 98% of their job is to expedite passports for votes.

If they cant help you, then your only option is the same day.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Expired Passport renewal expedited status - 04/10/2024 03:40 PM

Our son just paid the expedited fee last month to renew his passport. It arrived within 10 days. Not that i'd chance it but .....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline