TravelTalkOnline

Renport Unresponsive

Posted By: ambmike

Renport Unresponsive - 04/21/2024 01:39 AM

We booked a Renport WiFi unit for our upcoming charter in mid-May and received confirmation from them on March 7. But we never received the payment link and after more than a dozen emails no response and their telephone number does not connect. We had great experience with them on multiple previous charters, and can’t figure out what the problem now is with them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Renport Unresponsive - 04/21/2024 02:26 AM

Who are you chartering with? Wifi is becoming a standard amenity for most companies.

Re: Renport Unresponsive - 04/21/2024 02:41 AM

Horizon, but Renport equipment is the fastest.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Renport Unresponsive - 04/21/2024 09:38 AM

FWIW, if it's Moorings or Sunsail the Wifi situation seems to have been sorted.

Norman, Cooper, VG and Anegada (right now) we have had perfectly acceptable wifi service from the onboard router of our 2020 L40.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Renport Unresponsive - 04/21/2024 12:02 PM

I think you will find they are all about the same now. Everyone is using a cellular based system.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Renport Unresponsive - 04/21/2024 12:17 PM

Based on January experience, I do think the Renport 5g routers could be faster than the on-board unit, but I'm getting 32MB download and 16MB upload on the boat router here at Setting Point, which is frankly impressive and entirely adequate.

Re: Renport Unresponsive - 04/21/2024 02:22 PM

Thank all of you for your help! Much appreciated. Horizon offers WiFi as well, but no idea how strong it is.
Posted By: Nibj

Re: Renport Unresponsive - 04/21/2024 04:58 PM

We had reasonable performance from Algnet a few weeks ago. Our party included an avid streamer…. Also was fast enough to secure several BoatyBalls 😊
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline