TravelTalkOnline

1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS

Posted By: sunnybuns

1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/20/2015 11:45 PM

Anyone...Anyone.. Follow up from BVI forum...
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/20/2015 11:56 PM

Did Frenchmans have a points and cash option. Somehow that takes the sting out if you have a good amount of points and don't want to give up 40k
Posted By: RickG

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/21/2015 12:06 AM

Dates? We like Crystal Palace, Windward Passage and Emerald Beach for a start. No taxi required for the first two. Emerald Beach has decent onsite options. There are more options if you want to go more local.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/21/2015 01:51 AM

Suggest Crystal Palace, unless you need to be on the beach. Very reasonable prices and Ronnie provides pickup and delivery from airport and to the ferry...

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/21/2015 02:38 AM

This web thing is driving me crazy..Points it is, convenience when your on vacation right?? Had to post this 3 times to get it in the reply box without any problems.

Must be me hitting a wrong button errr something..

Would rather not stay @ the big box store plus pay the resort fees but oh well. Duckin Fun.

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/21/2015 02:41 AM

Travelhat...No cash and point deal shown on the site. Could call and ask though. Thanks for the suggestion..
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/21/2015 03:27 AM

You might look at this - on the water In Frenchtown, great area for food and drink and an easy walk from the BVI ferry dock or CYOA is 1 min. away.

http://stthomassource.com/content/news/local-news/2015/11/20/olga-s-fancy-open-villa-olga
Posted By: RickG

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/21/2015 02:28 PM

Localsailor, great news. The place had gotten a bit scary. I hope the renovation went well.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/21/2015 02:33 PM

Are you trying to be near the airport?
Posted By: capndar

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/21/2015 06:38 PM

We like the Island View Guest House. What a view and great people.
Posted By: Twanger

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 11/23/2015 03:26 PM

Nice to see that the old Villa Olga is open again!
It's a walk-up, but if you're young and healthy it's no prob.
Incredibly convenient to CYOA, and also some pretty nice restaurants in Frenchtown.
Posted By: Lazarette

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 01/05/2016 05:12 PM

We are also looking for 1 night stay in St Thomas before and also after a charter in May. We usually like the Best Western Emerald Beach, but now see them listed both as BWEB and Emerald Beach Resort. Has anyone stayed there recently? Apparently they are not longer affiliated with Best Western?
Posted By: d_fish

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 01/05/2016 06:22 PM

We have always stayed pre and post charter at BWEB. I too noticed they are no longer affiliated with BW.

Just booked in for our June 2016 trip. Hopefully not much has changed but given the value/price I think you cannot go wrong.

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 01/05/2016 07:16 PM

Thanks for suggestions. We decided on using Marriot points and stay @ THE REEF. Not what we wanted to do but gonna have to work. We are trying to prove a vacation in the islands DOES NOT have to cost an arm and 2 legs.

So far 4 r/t tickets to STT first class for 4 on A/A points.

5 nts. @ St. John on Starwood points, 2 villas.

3 nts. on Virgin Gorda @ 1000.00 in a house w/ 2 couples. (our splurge).

Last nt. on STT on marriot points =

LOW OVERHEAD..

Just bring money for food, car rentals,ferries etc.

Savings??? 6k+

See ya in April..
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: 1 Night STT SUGGESTIONS - 01/10/2016 01:28 PM

d_fish said:
We have always stayed pre and post charter at BWEB. I too noticed they are no longer affiliated with BW.

Just booked in for our June 2016 trip. Hopefully not much has changed but given the value/price I think you cannot go wrong.

Stayed there last month. No noticeable changes.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline