TravelTalkOnline

Culebra and COVID

Posted By: cruzdoc

Culebra and COVID - 04/06/2021 02:15 PM

We have a charter in May in the USVI and would love to sail over to Culebra and spend some time at Flamenco Beach and Culebrita for one night. We have done this a couple of times before but this was pre-COVID. I am curious if anyone has been able to clear in via ROAM to Culebra recently since PR has reopened?

Current protocols require a negative test 72 hours prior to arrival in PR it appears and my devious mind is thinking about if we clear into USVI with a test from the previous day and then head to Culebra on Day One of charter, then that same test could be used to clear in to Culebra and also to clear back into the USVI the next day as the USVI requires a test within five days. This may be too much work ultimately but that's just how my crazy brain works at times. Any thoughts on this approach and any recent success stories are appreciated.
Posted By: dfny36

Re: Culebra and COVID - 05/12/2021 10:19 PM

That's an interesting plan. Did you try it?
Posted By: Matagorda Dude

Re: Culebra and COVID - 07/16/2021 12:29 AM

We have a USVI trip in 2 weeks and I had been holding out hope that BVI would open for private vessels at those newly opened ports but it looks like that is not going to happen with the recent outbreak. Culebra would be new and interesting. Anyone execute the plan cruzdoc proposes?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline