TravelTalkOnline

Arrive Friday

Posted By: jpfitzy7

Arrive Friday - 04/06/2021 04:29 PM

We arrive Friday for our charter with CYOA. I's just wondering what the crowds are like. We were down in November and had no problems at any anchorage finding a mooring, even later in the afternoon. From what I have read on here it looks like we may need to get to certain places on the earlier side. We already took care of our dinner reservations so no worries there. Wondering if certain anchorages are more crowded than others and require earlier arrivals. Thanks!
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Arrive Friday - 04/06/2021 05:44 PM

When we were there is February we had to get to our next destination by 10-11 am (every mooring field/anchorage except Francis - we stayed around STJ only) - I have heard from friends, and postings on USVI Cruisers and Boaters, that this timing still holds true. I am sure the local experts will weigh in here.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Arrive Friday - 04/06/2021 08:30 PM

The Easter crush is abating a bit on St. John. Salt Pond Bay, STJ had open moorings the last couple of days and there was room at Lameshur. Francis / Maho, Cinnamon, Trunk, Hawksnest on the north side have room. The Scott Bay / Caneel Bay / Lindt Point moorings and anchorage is busy. Note, if the moorings are full you can anchor at Lindt Point.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: cajunscuba

Re: Arrive Friday - 04/06/2021 09:17 PM

We will be there in mid-June. Update us on your return if you don't mind.
Thanks
Posted By: jpfitzy7

Re: Arrive Friday - 04/06/2021 09:33 PM

Thanks for the info. Yeah Caneel was the one I was curious about. It was crowded there in November too. Guess I'll plan to head over early and hopefully get lucky.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Arrive Friday - 04/07/2021 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by jpfitzy7
Thanks for the info. Yeah Caneel was the one I was curious about. It was crowded there in November too. Guess I'll plan to head over early and hopefully get lucky.

You can anchor at Lindt Point, just west of Salomon Bay in the Caneel Bay mooring field. Still $26/night. You can pay at the Caneel Bay pay station or at the NPS Visitors Center pay station at the NPS dock..

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline