TravelTalkOnline

Accommodations

Posted By: DaveF

Accommodations - 05/23/2021 11:44 PM

We are looking at a early July visit to St. John for a week. I have looked at some villa sites way to many choices. It is for just two of us so do not need a big place.
Any thoughts or idea? Maybe a condo. Want to be close to a beach. Maybe walking distance.

Also we do want to get around a bit. So any thoughts on car rental. Do you think we need for all week? 3 to 4 days?

Thanks

Dave
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Accommodations - 05/24/2021 12:15 AM

St. John is largely a do it yourself vacation destination - packing a cooler, beach chairs, snorkel equipment and heading out for the day is the norm. You absolutely need a vehicle and to get to some of the more secluded beaches, and up and down the steep hills/road grade when it is raining - a Jeep. Vehicles are in short supply due to unprecedented levels of travelers to the USVI so book asap - it may be difficult finding one even now.

You will be driving to the beaches - there aren’t many accommodations on beaches in St John - especially sandy beaches. Many cottages and villas are on the hillsides to take advantage of the spectacular views. Most condos are in town (Cruz Bay). I would start a villa search here:
https://stjohn-villarentals.com/ This site connects renters and owners and you can avoid paying fees.

I suggest checking out the St John TripAdvisor forum. Great community and tons of info.
Posted By: BEERMAN

Re: Accommodations - 05/24/2021 04:47 PM

Dave, we used cateredto for our villa in August, used them before and they've been around forever. Vehicles...found a couple places booked up, but fortunately Cool Breeze had what we needed. Good luck planning!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline