TravelTalkOnline

Private car taxi from airport are for 2

Posted By: Phlynns

Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/13/2022 01:38 PM

Good day, Flying into STT on Monday and will need a taxi to Frenchtown for a night before heading to VG. Is it possible to book a “private” car for 2? With the Covid/omicron surge we would rather not take the risk of sharing a taxi. We used to call Kevin but we understand he no longer provides this service from the airport.
Thank you!

Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/13/2022 02:09 PM

Just request a private taxi at the taxi stand.

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/13/2022 02:22 PM

We tried that last February and were told they wouldn’t do that. We had to share. A bit shocking given last years situation. I guess we will try again and be more insistent. Thank you.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/13/2022 02:31 PM

Ask for Rachel’s number on the St John TripAdvisor forum. We have used her in the past but I no longer have her contact number. Stipulate that a private transfer is mandatory (she once added two guests without notifying us).
Posted By: TomSW

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/14/2022 01:06 AM

We've used Kevin Campbell for years. He'll take you wherever you like and stop for supplies if you need them. 340-473-6563 Tell him Tom from Red Rock says hi!
Posted By: clementine

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/14/2022 12:09 PM

Hi Tom,
This Question just sparked my interest. Remembering being squished like sardines into a waiting van at the airport.
Can you give me a bit more info about Kevin? How long has he been doing this? licensed? etc. Thank you
Posted By: gothamsailer

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/14/2022 12:49 PM

Seconding KC. Have driven with him for at least 7 years. Always reliable, friendly. Totally trustworthy. You can leave your bags with him while you grab a beer waiting for the next ferry no worries.

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/19/2022 11:43 AM

Just an update: we did request a private car from the airport taxi stand and they accommodated that request. A little pricey at $55 for 2 to Frenchtown but we’ll worth it in our opinion. Once out of the airport we did use KC! Nice to see him again.

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/29/2022 03:19 PM

I just used the number posted for Kevin Campbell, and Daphne answered my text msg? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: TomSW

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/29/2022 07:03 PM

You're right. That number is Daphne, the woman in charge of the airport porters. My mistake. Kevin's number is 340-643-0025

Re: Private car taxi from airport are for 2 - 01/29/2022 07:55 PM

Ok, thanks so much Tom.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline