TravelTalkOnline

Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay Beach

Posted By: toast

Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay Beach - 01/16/2023 11:48 AM

Can one be on Honeymoon and rent chairs without purchasing concierge services or other high end choices? I love honeymoon beach but not no need for the concierge treatment. Loved the old beach bar that was there and the coming and going as you pleased. Hoping thsat is still an option....
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay Beach - 01/16/2023 02:20 PM

No - it is not. You can hike in and carry your stuff or be subjected to the Tiffany rates.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay Beach - 01/16/2023 03:43 PM

Such a bummer! This is one of our favorite beaches to moor at overnight. We didn't mind Bikinis because they left you alone if you had brought your own cooler and were just hanging out at the beach. Of course we don't like that they did not treat the environment with respect. Why couldn't Caneel Bay Beach Club just set up shop at Caneel Bay Beach? Does anyone use that beach?
Posted By: michellepvm

Re: Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay Beach - 01/16/2023 07:49 PM

Hi! We just returned from 3 weeks on St. John and were at Honeymoon many times. It's one of our favorite spots. We found Caneel Bay Beach Club to be a pleasant surprise. We hiked in with our chairs and just enjoyed the beach. We, on a few occasions, enjoyed lunch on the beach from the Beach Club. The food is fabulous as are the drinks. They have beach service even if you are not renting a chair or a part of the Beach Club. All of the beach attendants were very friendly and very kind. Very willing to help you out in any way. I recommend giving it a try. There were lots of people who did the 30 minute hike in with chairs and other items. It's a pretty easy hike. You can bring a cooler as long as you hike in with it or bring it from a boat. Many people did this. What is prohibited is if you want to take the Caneel Bay Beach Club shuttle to the beach. Then, you cannot bring coolers or chairs.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay Beach - 01/17/2023 02:03 AM

That is interesting Michelle - that contradicts what others who have been on island recently have reported. Glad you were able to have a good experience.
Posted By: toast

Re: Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay Beach - 01/19/2023 05:25 PM

Thank you Michelle,
this is good to know. So you can still park by the entrance and walk then is what I am reading? The distance is not an issue for us.
Posted By: michellepvm

Re: Honeymoon Beach and Caneel Bay Beach - 01/20/2023 03:20 AM

Hi. I don’t think you can walk from the entrance. We always hiked in from the National Park Dock Trailhead. I don’t think you can park at the entrance and walk in. I think you have to use the shuttle if you park at the entrance.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline