Member Spotlight
Colour1
Colour1
Westchester /NYC
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
doones, dreamsfloatjoe, Grimes
Who's Online Now
41 registered members (davidandsusannj, Kennys, OceanSong, JohnW, MNsnowbird, Jaybird, bbeach, Fran, bostonbob, skipdastraw, cabokid, kaugens, luvtotravel, eightzerobits, Jspoone, lcote, SXMNAN, MKGrey, MrEZgoin, Midsouth, BenP, AlanB, duckfat, casailor53, fabila, deputydog1157, Leagle49, RonDon, sxmpete, KC2SXM, TC42, PML, jbutah, 8 invisible), 880 guests, and 91 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
14 minutes ago
I haven't had issues without the housing (yet) and this I am going on trip #3 with it. That said, it's great for not worrying about it with sand and water at the beach but hasn't been the best at UW. I think you nailed the reason being the lens. I will look into the wide angle. Thanks! Look forward to more of your pics. smile
9 718 Read More
British Virgin Islands
27 minutes ago
Have taken this route several times, and will do so again at the end of June. Without question, it is the preferred route for us. The ability to be on island at EIS by 11:30 am the day of departure makes it possible to get off the docks the same day. We are still at a stage of life where every vacation day counts, and thus the day saved in travel has real value.

Sure, there is the possibility that flights can be disrupted. And yes, the probability of a disrupted flight out of EIS is higher than out of STT. That said, if AA experienced this at a high rate, the route would not be profitable, and would eventually be terminated. It's a small sample size, as the route has only been in existence for about a year, but it seems to be very popular, as they keep adding capacity.

I continue to be in the camp of "more options are better than less". I know many here will continue to use STT and ferry, almost regardless. Having been visiting regularly for only 10 years, I have much less experience, to be sure. I appreciate the option the AA route provides, none-the-less.
6 175 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
46 minutes ago
Originally Posted by CJIMI
I just booked our March 2025 trip, as the airfares were just posted. Same itinerary. Non-stop on a Saturday morning from PHL to SXM; with a return flight ten days later via Miami. I was pleasantly surprised by the airfare - About $140 less for the 2025 tickets, as opposed to the price that I paid for the tickets in 2024. I should actually say ticket, as I was able to get my wife's ticket using points - just had to pay the $96 or so in taxes.
Since the Air B&B studio that we had rented for the past three seasons at Residence Les Lataniers was no longer available, we rented a ground floor studio at Alamanda. Cost a few $ more, but it is newer and a bit closer to the beach.

We found flights more for March 2025 than we paid for March 2024 so you were lucky to save $140.
21 2,164 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
There has been lots of seaweed left in piles on the beach. Nancy and I have been doing end to end beach walks every morning. The first day we were here was the worst day for seaweed, other days have been better. We did do one day at Happy Bay, no seaweed at all.

On another note, went to La Playa both for chairs and lunch yesterday. We used their chairs for the first time, as KKO, which is in front of our hotel (Orient Beach Hotel) did not have any chairs set up all day. Lunch there was incredible. I ordered the Sashimi Deluxe ($38), when it came, I swear I got the $78 platter, but when the bill came, it was the lower price. I was very satisfied. Nancy Mahi Mahi with creamed corn and a variety of vegetables. she loved it. So thanks for that recco.
6 1,046 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
No, at least from November until end of March.
1 153 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago

Thanks for reading.
3 249 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Nice pic. What Dive shop you use?
3 428 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Used to walk tp to the French drummer that played with Bob and would take over drumming in the middle of a song and it may be 2 or 3 songs before they knew we switched drummers. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
9 603 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
OK thanks
6 383 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
That’s exactly how I tie up at Cooper or other places where backwinding is likely. Not only do you have a quiet peaceful night but it minimizes your swinging room. Nothing worse than something pounding your stateroom like a bass drum!
14 1,325 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:55 PM
It became how a credit card using the benefits can help your travel, not much of a tangent.
45 1,655 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:52 PM
Absolutely agree with VGR, RM wife and Manpot. No Scrub for us and after a subpar experience at Marina Cay this past trip (just got home last night), we will grab a MC ball and snorkel Diamond but cook on the boat.
9 607 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
St MartinFan--yes, we have done a grocery run and Mark's run at the same time. They definitely do a huge takeout business.
10 753 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:09 PM
Alan, thanks, that is a great story.
5 395 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:23 PM
We arrived yesterday on American at 1:30.Touchdown to walking out the door was an hour and ten minutes. Waiting for the bags took the most time. They were still putting out West jet's bags when we got to baggage claim.
33 1,970 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:59 AM
There is currently no dinghy line. Two of us took the dinghy and the other two kayaked out. It was a very calm afternoon. We tied the kayak to the dinghy and took turns staying with the dinghy while the others snorkeled.

There used to be a dinghy line, but it no longer exists.
9 700 Read More
Africa
Yesterday at 04:51 AM
That is Canary Island! Enjoy your journey there!
4 7,879 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/05/2024 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Colour1
Just a note, Craig from Pack Light has rentals in Beacon Hill! Not on the beach. But for a couple of days before checking into BSV, why not, short walk to Simpson bay beach and Dinghy's!!

Thanks David. I'll keep that in mind for next time if needed. I finally made a decision and booked Horny Toad.
15 1,620 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/05/2024 06:09 PM
My experience was similar to Fabila's. I'm not a prude but found his requirements for measuring for the suit invasive and unnecessarily intimate. Thought my husband was going to take a swing at him. My husband apologized to me afterwards, as he had been the one to suggest I get a custom-made suit. It wasn't a particularly good fit.

Last suit I bought came from Costco. It was stretched out over a cardboard body-shape. Caused a few laughs as I took it to the car in the shopping cart!
27 2,703 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/05/2024 04:59 PM
That is why want to go for a tasting along with seeing the process.
8 662 Read More
United States & Canada
05/05/2024 04:19 PM
Yes we went back AGAIN! Great time and always. You can read about it here. Enjoy!!

https://susannj.com/2024/05/05/a-little-bit-of-everything-key-west-4-13-24-4-20-24
0 81 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
05/05/2024 10:29 AM
We visited Desert Sun in Palm Springs from April 25 to April 30, 2024. Open for business and still clothing-optional.
21 4,944 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/04/2024 08:09 PM
Check out VOYAGE Charters out of Sopers Hole. Family owned and operated, best yachts in the business and the customer service is unmatched. They have agents that actually live in the BVI so they know all the boats and crew extremely well. Clare handles our bookings, her email is clare@voyagecharters.com
18 1,528 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/04/2024 05:27 PM
barry--no problem, but that really is a shame that Rainbow scr*ws that whole area, because of the noise.
22 1,558 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/04/2024 05:25 PM
Lancer--OK, that is disappointing, so you went to Miami and had to go down to purgatory to leave. IF you leave via a jetway upstairs, it is a much different experience.
6 788 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8