Have taken this route several times, and will do so again at the end of June. Without question, it is the preferred route for us. The ability to be on island at EIS by 11:30 am the day of departure makes it possible to get off the docks the same day. We are still at a stage of life where every vacation day counts, and thus the day saved in travel has real value.

Sure, there is the possibility that flights can be disrupted. And yes, the probability of a disrupted flight out of EIS is higher than out of STT. That said, if AA experienced this at a high rate, the route would not be profitable, and would eventually be terminated. It's a small sample size, as the route has only been in existence for about a year, but it seems to be very popular, as they keep adding capacity.

I continue to be in the camp of "more options are better than less". I know many here will continue to use STT and ferry, almost regardless. Having been visiting regularly for only 10 years, I have much less experience, to be sure. I appreciate the option the AA route provides, none-the-less.