TravelTalkOnline

Sapphire

Posted By: JHer

Sapphire - 01/06/2016 05:08 PM

Any news on recent stays as to the resort and the maintenance level -- Will be going there mid Jan and wonder if its doing OK ? - especially Building 3 ?
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Sapphire Petition from Timeshare Owners - 01/07/2016 01:29 AM

This might be of interest to many of you. It also has a number of comments about the resort.

Petitionsite Sapphire Timeshare Owners Petition
Posted By: FFSXM

Re: Sapphire Petition from Timeshare Owners - 01/07/2016 02:43 AM

While Verdier certainly is mismanaging Sapphire and needs to sell it, the Sitbons are definitely not the answer! Nicole wouldn't know the truth if it hit her in the nose! Two years ago she lied to me claiming she didn't know why we couldn't get into the unit we owned. As it turned out, she had the restaurant chef living there! We could have lived with that but they put us in a smaller, crappier unit instead of one of equal quality. From my experiences trying to deal with Bruno, he is worthless!
Posted By: ethel52

Re: Sapphire Petition from Timeshare Owners - 01/23/2016 09:10 AM

I totally agree FFSXM! Some of our friends and family have heard the lies from Nicole and Bruno! I would not want them as owners!
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: Sapphire - 01/26/2016 03:33 AM

Just finished our annual stay, while we did have to move to a different unit as the shower was broken I can say cautiously that there were some positive signs. It was the first time in 16 years that there was actual improvement from the previous year.

There appears to be a new manager on site, He threw a pretty nice managers party and introduced himself, Jan was his first name but that was all I got. He seemed to be a no nonsense kind of guy so I wish him good luck. Apparently the sale from Verdier senior is dead with now lawsuits to be settled, the elder Verdier is also reported to be in poor health and the son has reached out for help from the new GM.

The pool floor has been fixed and new pool lighting installed which is quite colorful, also new wood kitchen cabinetry was being installed in one of the units in building 3, hopefully his will continue.

Most if not all the small shops are closed, the Spa is also gone as is the small convenience store in the basement which probably had a hard time competing with the new Grande Marche at Porto Cupacoy.

Hopefully they can turn this thing around as there is great potential.
Posted By: ESK

Re: Sapphire - 01/26/2016 12:33 PM

The new manager is Jan Borsje. He managed for a few months about three years ago. He did great things and left after the Verdier found out that great things cost money.
Posted By: Fred_Ziffel

Re: Sapphire - 01/26/2016 06:04 PM

If Jan is back .. this is great news. He was at Oyster Bay Beach Resort before the Sap
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline