TravelTalkOnline

Simpson Bay Resort and Marina

Posted By: kim

Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/18/2016 02:11 PM

Who can give me scoop on the two bedroom units there, thinking of booking a week there in March prior to my week at the Royal Islander - havent paid much attention to all the drama (old Pelican) but want to stay bay/water front, is that a guarantee? Thanks
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/18/2016 02:39 PM

There are only two buildings that are waterfront..Marina and Flamboyant. I would think the only guaranteed way to get those would be a rental from an owner.

There are other units that have a nice view of Simpson Bay but are not ON the water (and strictly speaking I guess the Marina building is also not ON the water)

The SB Villas all face the Bay but do not have direct water access (like the Marina)
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/18/2016 03:24 PM

Simpson Bay Villas would be your best choice. All have water view and are very spacious with good size balconies.Nice pool, gym etc... and close to everything.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/18/2016 03:54 PM

I agree, the Villas would be the best bet. You should be able to rent one through an owner, and cheaper than through the resort. They face the water, but no beach directly in front though.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/18/2016 04:01 PM

Ok thanks - was holding out for a unit at the RI, but think that won't happen. We walked through after a trip back from SBH and seemed very nice. Will start my searching. villas are the new building. The old building is the Flamboyant correct? And anyone know if that has been remodeled as well?

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/18/2016 04:11 PM

Simpson Bay Resort news It appears that the Flamboyant Building is currently undergoing renovations. I honestly don't know when it's supposed to be finished, although one would 'assume' that it would be finished by Regatta.
Posted By: Grammiemarge

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/18/2016 10:41 PM

We have owned 2 - 2BR Penthouses for 25 years. Both were in
Flamboyant Building until 3 years ago, moved into the Marina
Building due to stairs in F Building. Although F Building is
undergoing renovations at this time, Marina Building is finished. Family members just returned 2 weeks ago, raved
about the building. The units are very large and can sleep
6-8 people comfortably. F Building is directly on the beach,
while Marina faces the water. Don't care for the Villas, no
where as large or as nice as the other 2 buildings. Hope this helps.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/19/2016 06:49 PM

We've stayed there twice -- once in the F building (very nice and right on the beach); and once in a Marina building penthouse (VERY roomy and nice). Both times we rented through private owners. We would definitely go back. Have never stayed in the Villas, so can't help you there.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/19/2016 07:00 PM

Hi, not sure what wks you are looking for and whether 1 bd or 2 bd
but
Looking at the RI LaPlage owners web site - wks 9 thru 13 1 bed units for rent and wks 11 and 13, 2 bed units available

If you really want LaPlage, that might help?

J&B

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/19/2016 07:44 PM

Regatta is usually week 9 and she said she wanted a 2 BR.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/19/2016 07:58 PM

Wk 9 has a 2 bed penthouse 6100 [Sat], otherwise it would be 2 x 1 bed/studio's Sun

J&B

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/19/2016 09:20 PM

I have been stalking the owners website daily!! Think finding a 2br or more will be like finding a unicorn!!!! I need a 2br+ week 10 sun/sun. 3/12-3/19. Which is interesting because this is actually a week 11 at other timeshares. I may have found something at SBRM (pelican) from a tip from LongIslandSharon, just waiting to hear back!!! But thank you
Posted By: january

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/20/2016 09:03 PM

I prefer the bay facing units of M building and the F building apts. to the Villa. With the remodeling the furnishing are about the same but M and B have island resort feel while the Villas feel like a hotel.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/20/2016 10:06 PM

Does anyone know if Simpson Bay resort has a Rental/owners site like Royal Islander that lists units available?

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/20/2016 11:14 PM

Hi. Here is a FAQ that lists owner's rental sites for several timeshares. Timeshare rental sites from owners

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/20/2016 11:51 PM

Thanks - the pelican link is dead - but I struck out on all the others, SXM rental weeks was promising, but the response back wasnt!!

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/20/2016 11:57 PM

Huhm, ok, if you get a better link for Pelican, let me know so that I can correct the link.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/21/2016 12:31 AM

Will do!!
Posted By: SandS

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/21/2016 05:04 PM

SBR does not have an owners website for rentals since the resort changed hands and became SBR. Back in the day when we were really owners a woman named Judy ran the rental website out of the goodness of her heart much like you do Carol.
Posted By: SunNSand

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/21/2016 06:58 PM

For a LONG time after Judy's rental listings there was a Pelican Resort Owners Group website that had rentals and other pertinent information. In the most recent years it became less popular and relevant and it is now defunct. There is no replacement for it.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/21/2016 07:05 PM

Back in the day when we were really owners

I don't understand the difference in being an "owner back in the day" and being on "owner" now...We "owned" back in the day and "own" now....what did I miss over the years?
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/22/2016 02:39 AM

Do we really want to start up a Pelican discussion? Some people feel we got screwed, some people don't. We all handled it in our own way. And it really has nothing to do with what the OP asked.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort and Marina - 05/22/2016 11:23 AM

Sorry to offend. I was just confused about how ownership was different now since I have owned for MANY years and my rights have not changed...but...yes...not pertinent to the OP.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline