TravelTalkOnline

Liquor wine stores

Posted By: downhillracer

Liquor wine stores - 02/08/2018 08:20 PM

In Marigot there used to be a few wine and liquor stores. not shops that sold other things but just wine & liquor stores.

I like to get special bottles of cognac or rum that isn't available in the states and had some luck at these places.

Does anyone frequent anyplace like this?
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/08/2018 08:24 PM

I went to Bacchus in Hope Estates for rum et al - excellent, can;t speak for post Irma

J&B
Posted By: EdB

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/08/2018 10:41 PM

Carrefor formerly Grand Marche, has a huge selecition of bottles of liquor and wine, that I have never seen in the states. Not sure if this would be what you are looking for. Also, the Market in Maho (not sure if it is open post Irma) used to have a huge selection of alcohol too and stuff I never heard of in the states.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/08/2018 11:27 PM

Look at Booze it Up in Simpson Bay. Great selection of hard to find Liquors. Also check with Gohlmahar (Sp) in Phillipsburg. They have hard to find liquors and high end Cognac. Great selection of Single Malt Scotch too.
Posted By: pat

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/09/2018 05:11 AM

We haven’t been back to the Island post-Irma so I have no knowledge of the French side specialty liquor stores, but if you happen to be in Philipsburg, Cannegies on Front Street has a very good selection to choose from along with cigars, too.

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/09/2018 03:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestions I'll check them out.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/09/2018 04:25 PM

Super U has a nice selection of French wines, I'm told.
Posted By: WLE

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/10/2018 12:24 AM

For liquors, Friendly Duty Free on Front street has the lowest prices you'll find anywhere on the island and they have some wines also.
Also, they will deliver to the ship or resort.
Posted By: pburke40

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/10/2018 02:49 PM

Before Irma, there was an wonderful small liquor store. on a side street in Marigot. Excellent cognacs and wines that I never saw anywhere else on the island. Some of the French restaurants, such as Ti Bouchon, bought their special cognacs thru them. Maybe someone else has more info.....

Maybe someone else has more info.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/10/2018 02:56 PM

Could you be thinking of Le Gout du Vin on Rue de Anguille? All spelling apporoximate. I have see several vintages of their cognacs on the shelves.

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/10/2018 03:48 PM

That's the one I was thinking of. Does anyone know if it's open

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/10/2018 07:53 PM

Yes, I believe that is it. Hope it survived.

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/10/2018 07:56 PM

oops! I was replying to cruzer. I don't know if it is open.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/10/2018 09:12 PM

Friendly Duty Free on Front Street is another great place for top shelf liquor. Have bought many Single Malts and Rums from them in the past. As stated earlier they also deliver to resorts and cruise ships. Great prices on cigars too. Cash gives you better pricing.
Posted By: irina

Re: Liquor wine stores - 02/10/2018 09:14 PM

Le Gout du Vin was a great store...........there was a gourmet food store across the street. Ages ago.
I second Cannegies on Front Street.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline