TravelTalkOnline

Parrotville

Posted By: pburke40

Parrotville - 05/04/2018 12:42 PM

Does anyone have recent news about Parrotville?
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Parrotville - 05/04/2018 02:13 PM

I don't about Parrotville, but I do hope they intend to rebuild. Hopefully, they had some type of business property insurance. I do know that the Butterfly Farm -- one of my personal favorites -- is attempting to raise 50,000 euros in an attempt to rebuild there facility. They started a GoFundMe page last fall, but I'm not sure how they are doing with this. We have some fond memories of these places, and it would be so nice if they can return in the not too distant future.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Parrotville - 05/04/2018 02:40 PM

I believe I did read the intent was to rebuild Parrotville. As far as "business property insurance", IMHO, that is highly unlikely. The Butterfly Farm was nice also and we had gone there many times over many years. If they started a GoFundMe, that pretty much answers the insurance questions.

As a side note, many businesses chose NOT to have any insurance and then went the GoFundMe route begging for money. One business owner even bragged about not having insurance as it was "not his way".

Sorry for the losses but insurance does serve a purpose.
Posted By: takeus2sxm

Re: Parrotville - 05/04/2018 05:52 PM

Then drag their feet when it comes time to pay out.
Posted By: rastaman

Re: Parrotville - 05/04/2018 06:05 PM

They are rebuilding. I saw the wood frames being put up two weeks ago.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Parrotville - 05/04/2018 07:07 PM

Oops! I work in the property/casualty insurance field so I just naturally wonder about insurance when a weather catastrophe like Irma strikes. I can't believe it will be eight months this Sunday since that horrific hurricane. Seems like so much longer. That is awesome that Parrotville is rebuilding. Nothing better than visiting a place like this in the morning, and then heading to one of the beaches in the afternoon!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline