TravelTalkOnline

feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM

Posted By: beachbound

feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 06/25/2019 01:46 PM

For those of you that have taken the JetBlue - Ft Lauderdale - SXM direct route this past year

looking for ANY feedback such as did flight leave on time, if the plane was full, how was customs/immigration in FLL when returning from sxm (better than SJU or MIA ??)
would you do it again...….etc.....

thanks!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 06/25/2019 02:12 PM

Really don't know what the story was, but a Jet Blue plane was stuck on the island for two days, within the past ten days or so, and then a SECOND Jet Blue plane had problems.

Link to post here
Posted By: kim

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 06/25/2019 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by beachbound

For those of you that have taken the JetBlue - Ft Lauderdale - SXM direct route this past year

looking for ANY feedback such as did flight leave on time, if the plane was full, how was customs/immigration in FLL when returning from sxm (better than SJU or MIA ??)
would you do it again...….etc.....

thanks!

Came home in March via FLL. Easy Peasy! Just had a long layover to get to Westchester. If the layovers are shortened I would do it again in a heartbeat to avoid the drive home from JFK!!
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 06/25/2019 04:46 PM

Flew JetBlue from FLL and had no problems.

Flight to SXM was Tuesday, June 4th. Plane left about 30 minutes late but we arrived 10 minutes beyond scheduled time. That flight was about 50-60% full. Returned on Tuesday, June 11th Flight left on time, was only about 50% full, and we got into FLL about 40 minutes ahead of schedule. Due to lightning in the area, baggage was delayed.

Customs at FLL was easy as pie. I used Mobile Passport App. Got the reply from the app, showed the receipt to the agent where we were directed to another doorway about 25 feet away. Showed phone to that agent who directed us to a line that was dedicated to Mobile Passport. We were through the line in 10-15 minutes.

The wait for the baggage wasn't the fault of JetBlue and the airport actually got the bags off relatively quickly. We got the bags at about the same time as we were SUPPOSED to land. As you exit you show that agent the receipt on your phone where they scan it and you're done.

I will definitely do that again, even though it's about a 3.5 hour drive from my house. Price was 50% of Delta or AA.
Posted By: enzosxm

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 06/25/2019 11:19 PM

For me jetblue out of Fll to Sxm way better than AA out of Miami. Airport is easier to navigate too both at departure and arrival in Fll.
Posted By: gsdoat

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 06/29/2019 09:32 AM

I connected through FLL on the way to SXM on Tuesday. We took this JetBlue flight.

Everything was very positive except that the FLL airport is an absolute zoo on Tuesday morning.

Other than that..all good and MUCH cheaper than Delta. Will repeat.
Posted By: OrientBeach_jimbeach

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 06/30/2019 05:10 PM

I flew out of FLL in April on a Tuesday morning to the island. Plane departed on time and arrived on time, I had a roller bag so I did not wait for luggage. I was in the airport parking lot in less than 15 minutes after I walked off the plane. Going back to FLL was also on time and arrived on time, customs was a breeze and the plane was about 80 percent full. This flight is going to become very popular as it is a non stop direct flight and very reasonable price. I actually drove from New Smyrna beach that morning and would do it again.
Posted By: GaryB

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/01/2019 07:51 PM

Does FLL immigration have Global Entry booths?

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/01/2019 11:27 PM

They have GE kiosks

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/02/2019 12:05 PM

Anybody that has flown this route from FLL to SXM, did they use the ramp to get to and from the plane, or did they use stairs? And the Blue fare, which is their economy, I know you don't get a checked bag, but do you get a seat assignment when you book?
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/02/2019 01:00 PM

Blue fare allows you to select a seat at booking time.

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/02/2019 01:08 PM

OK, thanks. I thought that's what it was, but the website isn't very clear. Especially since the cheapest fares on AA and (I think) Delta, doesn't allow an assigned seat at the time of booking.

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/02/2019 01:15 PM

I just noticed, for the fall this year, Jet Blue from FLL has gone back to that way early flight schedule leaving FLL around 7:30 AM. Since we would have to drive 3 hours to get there, I much preferred the later flight. And most places, you can't get into your hotel that early, if you arrive at 11 AM..
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/02/2019 01:24 PM

The only difference between JetBlue fares (except Mint) is the number of checked bags included and change fees.

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/02/2019 01:39 PM

OK, thanks.

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/02/2019 04:23 PM

As for the ramp vs steps, it seems to depend on what gate the aircraft is directed to. When we arrived on June 4th via JetBlue we were parked at the gate closest to the beach we disembarked via the ramp. When we departed on June 11th, the aircraft was at the gate furthest from the beach and we had to gain acces vis steps. It appears that the airport only has a ramp for that specific gate and it depends on what gate the aircraft is assigned.

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/02/2019 04:24 PM

OK, thanks.
Posted By: bran

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/03/2019 12:49 AM

Only heard the back end of it but where I am staying in the background on tv some local Florida station mentioning how the digging up of the run way at FLL Airport could cause major delays....again didn’t hear when it is supposed to start or already started....just a heads up for those traveling from there.
Posted By: beachbound

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/08/2019 01:19 PM

Thanks everyone for their replies----

1 more question--------has anyone arrived back into FLL airport from SXM on a Sunday or Monday...….which ones is better ….not as crazy ??

Re: feedback Jetblue Ft Lauderdale to SXM - 07/08/2019 01:53 PM

That one is easy--MANY, MANY, MANY cruise ship passengers fly out of FLL on Sunday to go home. Go for Monday.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline