TravelTalkOnline

Kudos to AA

Posted By: pat

Kudos to AA - 09/27/2019 05:22 PM

So! We often tout the horror stories and the negative airline experiences we’ve encountered with AA so once again, I would like to comment on the positive.

While we were away last week I received an early email notification of a significant schedule change for FF SXM flights we are holding for next April. This morning I called AA and spoke with a wonderful reservationist who couldn’t have been anymore accommodating and pleasant along the way. She managed to get us onto a different flight with better flight times (this was actually the flight I originally hoped to book but it wasn’t available at the time.....) and to an airport more convenient to our home. I know there may well be more changes between now and April and if so, wouldn’t I love to do business with her again!

But the real news is she went out of her way to be helpful and pleasant. I couldn’t have asked for more.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Kudos to AA - 09/27/2019 05:27 PM

That's.great 👍
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Kudos to AA - 09/27/2019 05:28 PM

Good for you! Glad it's working out for now anyway! As you said, who knows what else will happen before April, but sounds great!
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Kudos to AA - 09/27/2019 07:36 PM

Maybe the message is getting thru to them. Let's hope so. It would be nice to have them as a future option for travel to the Caribbean, but for me -- for now -- I will still defer to other airlines.
Posted By: pat

Re: Kudos to AA - 09/27/2019 07:53 PM

Sammy and all,

In all fairness, AA has always been my favorite Caribbean carrier for as long as they’ve serviced SXM. Like everyone, I do get frustrated with the schedule changes but they have ALWAYS been very helpful in straightening out the snafus.

We just did JB to Florida and it was fine but my preference is still AA if it’s a viable option.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Kudos to AA - 09/28/2019 12:00 AM

They have always come through for us too. Our go to sxm airline.
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: Kudos to AA - 09/28/2019 09:35 PM

Thanks for posting Pat. My airlines are AA and United, they have always been great to us, even when I have had complaints, they have always compensated us, and they will continue to have my business.
Posted By: indi

Re: Kudos to AA - 09/29/2019 02:38 PM

Pat, I had a similar experience about a month ago when our flight was changed. Top notch customer service and change fees were waived.
Posted By: weeks5051

Re: Kudos to AA - 09/30/2019 01:30 PM

I have always said that the AA agents that I've dealt with have been nothing but great and helpful. It's the corporate higher ups that are the problem.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline