TravelTalkOnline

Alamo vs. National vs. Ace

Posted By: VegasCanadian

Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 03:37 AM

Im looking at rentals for a week in March and prices are basically the same for a similar vehicle at Alamo/National/Ace. Does anyone have experience with any of the 3 or can recommend one over the other 2 on the island?
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 11:41 AM

Go with Kenny's. You'll get a good price and fabulous service.
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 12:08 PM

We are using SAX. Nice folks, very reasonable prices.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 12:22 PM

I have used Ace numerous times with no issues.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 01:28 PM

I rented with National once and it went very well. No issues at all, no mysterious charges at the end, and at that time I thought a very fair price. Never used the other two on SXM or even here in the states.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 02:44 PM

I've alway gone with Hertz on island.
Posted By: DRich

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 02:58 PM

I usually use Ace and haven't had any issues.
Posted By: pat

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 03:07 PM

As you can see, we all have our favorites and mine isn’t among your choices, but we did use Ace once and had no complaints.

We requested the car be delivered to our hotel at a certain time and they were there on time to take DH to their office to do the paperwork.

We did get a flat tire which can happen with any company and my only issue was since we were close to their office we stopped there and they directed us to their repair service and suggested we take the car there ourselves. I was concerned we might ruin the tire but apparently they weren’t. All was good in the end.

We still routinely use Kenny’s Car Rental service but we had no complaints with Ace.
Posted By: Billtjw

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 03:30 PM

I have always used Hertz, I have yet to see any other company beat their price.
Posted By: VegasCanadian

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Billtjw
I have always used Hertz, I have yet to see any other company beat their price.

I've heard quite a few people say that and I checked the rates but they were quite a bit higher for an SUV than some of the others. I'll keep checking before I book because I have seen multiple people speak highly of Hertz on the island.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 07:25 PM

And don't forget there is no up charge with Hertz for Liability as others do.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Alamo vs. National vs. Ace - 06/22/2021 07:27 PM

I will be on island in August for three weeks. Paying Ace $315 total for a midsize car. Hertz site quotes $564 for comparable car. Is there a cheaper/better way to get quotes from Hertz other than their website?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline