TravelTalkOnline

Made It To The Island

Posted By: CaribLee

Made It To The Island - 08/10/2021 04:57 PM

Got IDNOW tests at 2:15 p.m. on Friday. Received the wife's results in about 45 minutes but mine took 2 hours (was getting nervous that there might be a problem). Had application forms submitted to St. Maarten by 6:00 p.m. and approvals back in about an hour. Went to bed Friday night knowing we were good to go.....a nice feeling. Pre-approval forms and test results were checked in both Jacksonville and Miami with no issues. Plane arrived early yesterday and we were in our unit by 3:00 p.m. Now if the weather will just clear up.....which it will. Couple of points.....Insurance cost was $15 per person and they are requiring 5 days of temperature checks. Wife and I both got our email requests this morning and responded promptly. Here for three weeks so ready for sand gravity to set in.

dance
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Made It To The Island - 08/10/2021 05:06 PM

Enjoy.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Made It To The Island - 08/10/2021 05:16 PM

Thanks for the report! Glad it's gone well so far. Enjoy!
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: Made It To The Island - 08/10/2021 05:27 PM

Have fun!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Made It To The Island - 08/11/2021 11:56 AM

Glad you made it! YES, the paperwork is a nightmare! When all was said and done, 12 HOURS for approval! Enjoy your three weeks!!! It's funny how YEARS ago (20) we started out at 5 days, then 8, then 10. Now we are up to 3 weeks too!! It's the best!! Hey! did you borrow my lil catch phrase, "Let sand gravity set in"??? LOL!! Isn't true! Have a great time, looking forward to your daily reports!
Posted By: Richie

Re: Made It To The Island - 08/11/2021 03:12 PM

Are children under 10 required to get the insurance
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Made It To The Island - 08/11/2021 03:21 PM

Richie--all information regarding the travel insurance is in the link in the post that is pinned to the top of the forum. Direct link to the SXM travel insurance is HERE

There is no cost for children under 14, but I guess they are required to get it and are covered.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Made It To The Island - 08/11/2021 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Richie
Are children under 10 required to get the insurance

LINK

Yes, but according to the site, there is no charge if under 14 years of age.

Attached picture 2021-08-11.png
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline