TravelTalkOnline

Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy

Posted By: CaribLee

Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/08/2022 01:05 PM

Jazz Brunch at Rendez Vous was marvelous as always. We did have a stray shower or two but it did not put a damper on things. Consistent rains have the island nice and green which is a good thing.

Attached picture 20220807_143623.jpg
Attached picture 20220807_144845.jpg
Attached picture 20220807_144853.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/08/2022 01:18 PM

Glad to hear the island has been getting some rain, as it was VERY dry when we were there in June. Doesn't look like much of a crowd though?
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/08/2022 01:23 PM

We went to our first Jazz Brunch at Rendez Vous on our last trip. What a wonderful way to relax and enjoy good food and good music. Can't wait to get back there on our next trip. Thanks for the pics. Enjoy.

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/08/2022 01:32 PM

Carol.....we had a table up front so it doesn't really show the crowd. It was actually quite full and a good time was had by all. The encore of Unchain My Heart had the crowd up and dancing.
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/08/2022 01:39 PM

Nice pics of Porto Cupecoy. Glad to see it's been raining more over the last several weeks. Maybe at some point in time grass will start to grow again on the golf course 😃⛳. Thanks Lee

Drphilsxm

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/08/2022 02:31 PM

CaribLee--OK, good, glad to hear that there was a crowd. We need to do that Jazz Brunch sometime.
Posted By: mgh

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/08/2022 02:42 PM

that looks like Ronny Santana on the left, playing guitar. Thanks for the pics, wish I was there!
Posted By: GaryB

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/10/2022 03:25 PM

What day and time is the Jazz brunch at Porto Cupecoy?

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/10/2022 03:46 PM

Sunday.....1 to 4.

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/10/2022 03:47 PM

Recommend making reservations if you want to attend.

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/10/2022 03:54 PM

CaribLee--Not to make a stupid comment, but what do you need reservations FOR? For the brunch? What do they serve? You can go to Puerto Cupecoy at that time and not eat at Rendezvous Lounge, correct?? I would think you could still hear in other restaurants?

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/10/2022 05:45 PM

Carol.....if you want a table for the Jazz Brunch at Rendez Vous, it is best to make a reservation because they are sometimes full with reservations alone. They call it a brunch but you just order from their regular menu. But yes, you can hear the music from other areas.....although much of the experience is getting to see the musicians interact with each other and the crowd. Also, I'm not sure what other restaurants are open in Porto Cupecoy for Sunday lunch.

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/10/2022 06:35 PM

OK, thanks for the reply.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/10/2022 08:39 PM

Carol...I believe CaribLee is absolutely correct on booking reservations for the Jazz Brunch. We went twice on our last trip, the first time the band was already playing when we arrived and there was a sign out that said "All Tables Reserved". The second time we figured we would arrive early and when we got there the band was just setting up and there were a bunch of empty tables but the sign was out again. Next time reservations for us. Yes you can hear the band from anywhere in the square but we would grab a cocktail and stand just outside the table area.

Re: Lovely Day At Porto Cupecoy - 08/10/2022 09:48 PM

OK thanks Whale Tail.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline