TravelTalkOnline

Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village

Posted By: taraavo

Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 06:15 PM

We’ve never eaten dinner at the Orient Village restaurants. Please give me your top suggestions. Hubby is requesting Italian if possible.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 07:30 PM

I know you said Orient, but Spiga Restaurant is a high end Italian and seafood restaurant on the northern end of Grand Case. Maybe later on in the week or next visit, but oh so good.
Posted By: pandpfromcanada

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 07:33 PM

Italian would be La Trattoria, however not sure if Wednesday is the day they are closed. La Favela has great tapas with a great bartender. Maison Mere and L'Atelier are both excellent though high end.

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 07:46 PM

Yes! We’ve already been to Spiga this trip. Delicious indeed. Just want to try a new to us place.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 07:52 PM

pandp--I could be wrong, often am, but Maison Mere and L'Atelier are both French, aren't they?
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 07:57 PM

Is it the El Rancho restaurant at the top of Orient, usually have good food there, definitely have italian dishes there too.
Posted By: luvtotravel

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 08:05 PM

L’Atelier is steak and fish. Excellent variety of steaks

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 08:07 PM

Yes you are corect. Just wanted to give alternatives if La Trattoria is closed.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 08:45 PM

Would just walk around and check out menus too see if anything you are interested in.
Posted By: CJIMI

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 08:50 PM

We had dinner at Le Piment, in Orient Village, on March 18. Good food, and decent service. A bit pricey.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 09:19 PM

I ate at Le Telegraphe a couple of weeks ago and was impressed, I'd certainly recommend it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 09:28 PM

pandp--OK. If it were ME, I'd always rather have French than Italian, especially on island, but that's just me.

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/19/2023 09:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We remembered a casual little newish (I think open a year ) Italian spot that we’d read about before we arrived - on the opposite end of Grand Case from us. It’s been a bit of a travel day so I think something close that the hotel shuttle will pick us up at fits the bill, but excellent chance we may end up in Orient tomorrow based on all these recommendations !
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/20/2023 11:27 AM

My vote is for LaPlaya!!!! Many asian infused dishes! Service is amazing, staff is so lovely! We love Julian the beach manager!!

Attached picture LaPlaya 11-22 Lunch.jpg
Attached picture David Laplaya Julian 11-22.jpg
Attached picture LaPlaya 2016.jpg
Posted By: kaba

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/20/2023 11:42 AM

Had dinner last night at Sao. It was delicious. Very good sushi as well as other selections. A great setting.

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/20/2023 02:16 PM

I agree Carol, however we have eaten at La Trattoria with friends who prefer Italian food and it was very good. They also make delicious thin crust pizzas. We share a salad and a pizza and that makes a cheap and cheerful meal.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Tell us where to eat dinner in Orient Village - 04/20/2023 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by kaba
Had dinner last night at Sao. It was delicious. Very good sushi as well as other selections. A great setting.

We second SAO Asian Factory.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline