TravelTalkOnline

A note to Mahokid

Posted By: GaKaye

A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 12:14 PM

I notice you haven't posted since a couple of people posted inappropriate comments about how you manage your business. Please don't let those comments ruin it for the rest of us. I, and many others, appreciate your daily reports and photos.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 12:23 PM

maho kid, please keep posting. I love your restaurant choices and reports.

Years ago I posted under another "name" and it seemed I was always getting nasty remarks. I thought maybe it was because the name was French and I always talked about Grand Case. Well, I stopped posting and reading TTOL and it was my loss. Changing our post name helped my return here. Don't take inappropriate posts to heart.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 12:36 PM

Well stated.
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 12:40 PM

Mahokid how you run your business is Your business. It certainly sounds like your employees are well taken care of. I took your “tax” comment as some humor in the post. Unfortunately some people here,and I’m sure on other sites,feel a need to state their opinion constantly. I am looking forward to reading more from you in the coming days. Really enjoy your reports and pics.
Posted By: shieneehead

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 01:23 PM

"Be strong, but not rude; Be kind, but not weak; Be bold, but not bully; Be humble, but not timid; Be proud, but not arrogant." Zig Ziglar

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

It's a travel forum people.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 01:26 PM

Thanks, Georgia. Very well said.
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 02:02 PM

Completely agree! I don't post a lot of comments, but I have really enjoyed your posts and have added a lot to my lists on previous trips from your recommendations!
Posted By: davidandsusannj

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 03:25 PM

Add us to the list, really enjoy your photos and reviews.
Posted By: LBI2SXM

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 04:43 PM

Me too!!!
Posted By: pony600

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 05:07 PM

I agree with all of the above.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 05:58 PM

I had a chance to visit with mahokid yesterday. I too asked that he continue to post as I enjoy his trip reports. Hopefully he will share his last few days in the Maho/Simpson Bay area.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 10:58 PM

No feelings hurt as everyone is welcome to have their own "opinions"
we run our company by the books and it was meant to be comical

It was a pleasure to meet CaribLee, thank you for stopping over
Wished we could have stayed longer but the humidity was hotter than the jazz
Not sure but I thought it might have been Elaine sitting behind us without Bill

With all the cloudy days last week there was more computer time to write

Just seems our first few days in Maho were a bit busier than our stay in Orient

I have all pictures downloaded and ready to go to print

Laying low tonight and hoping to get some early coffee and computer time Tuesday morning

On the horizon, Mario's Bistro, Rendezvous Jazz brunch, Spaghetti House, Sale e Pepe, Ferdinand Bakery, Pizza Italy
We are doing some free lancing on meals this week while hearing all the pool talk reviews, also having great food overload
Roma has been off and on the list but may be put down in ink as I heard great thing about their gnocchi today from my Italian pool friend

May try Azure in the Sonesta Point as they offer a 5 course prix fix (different every night) which is open to non-resort guests
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 11:11 PM

Keep those posts coming. 😎🌴
They make me feel like I am there when I am not.
If you’re still around next week, perhaps we can chat with a cold beer at the Driftwood or 3 Amigos, cheers,

Drphilsxm

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 11:26 PM

mahokid--thanks for your understanding. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!!!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/28/2023 11:52 PM

I hope you get a chance to try ROMA. They are closed on Wednesday so plan accordingly. Looking forward to your experience as we've enjoyed our dinners there this last May/June. They will be closed month of September so better hurry.
Posted By: kim

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 02:19 AM

Great posts - but double check for closures. Mario’s I’m pretty sure I read is closed already as well. There is a huge list going on the SXMorBust Facebook page. Seems many more closures this year then last. Maybe I never noticed it since Irma being like this. But good for them for taking the traditional break in seasons!
Posted By: erb923

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 10:33 AM

A neat thing to do in the afternoon in Philipsburg is check out Gulhohars (they sell Blantons Bourbon which is apparently hard to find).
https://www.facebook.com/gulmohars.sxm/
They have a neat whisky bar across the street too.
https://www.thedailyherald.sx/supplements/out-n-about/luxbar-st-maarten-s-first-premium-whisky-bar
Think they took their vacation earlier this year so should be open.

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 11:53 AM

Dr Phil

last full day is next Sunday September 3
you may have to treat since that is our anniversary (yes that is comedy)

but of course that would be nice, perfer driftwood

Mario's last night was Saturday as we actually spent time last night with our Mario's server (not Bobby) at Jai's
It was his first day of vacation and certainly was enjoying time with his wife
Posted By: pat

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 02:02 PM

Thank you, Maho, for your enlightening writings.

It’s no secret we’re not foodies and in all honesty, I don’t know what half the things you’re writing about are, but that said, this is a forum for all and obviously most thoroughly enjoy your posts and your expertise. I’ve even found a couple choices I hadn’t considered in the past.

Personally speaking, I commend you for taking the time to share your knowledge and experiences and for doing it so very well.

And for those who don’t appreciate them, there’s always the choice to skip over them and ask about car rental companies or something equally enlightening.

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 02:33 PM

Mahokid......we enjoyed meeting you and Renee as well. We are heading home today assuming we can get to Miami with the storm in the gulf. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Hopefully you can meet Dr. Phil before you head home. He's a really good guy. And Happy Anniversary! Hope it's a great last day on the island. Maybe we will see you next year.

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 02:55 PM

Cariblee--well the AA flight from Miami to SXM today is in flight, so the plane should arrive there OK. You probably know that already. Hopefully you won't have any problem getting back into Miami. Tampa Airport closed last night, but Miami is open, so far. Best wishes!

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 03:03 PM

Thanks Carol. Yes.....I've been checking and so far everything is a go. Getting ready to head to the airport in 30 minutes.

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 03:17 PM

We are leaving on a beautiful day!

Attached picture 20230829_091940.jpg

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 03:53 PM

Safe travels.

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 04:05 PM

Thanks Scuba.

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 04:13 PM

CaribLee--that's the way it always is! The most beautiful day of the vacation is the day you have to leave! Safe travels!

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
CaribLee--that's the way it always is! The most beautiful day of the vacation is the day you have to leave! Safe travels!

Usually turns out that way but I do remember a few times leaving in the rain which took the sting out of leaving.

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 08:27 PM

Cariblee--looks like your plane is in the air, although about 45 minutes late.

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/29/2023 09:33 PM

Craiblee,

Safe travels and if you travel this time next year, we can maybe enjoy a meal together.
Not all our meals have to be fancy as we are trying to chill in Maho.

Wonderful hot sunny humid day
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: A note to Mahokid - 08/30/2023 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by mahokid

Not sure but I thought it might have been Elaine sitting behind us without Bill

Sorry Maho, It's wasn't me! Haven't been to Porto Cupecoy, specifically Rendezvous Cafe, in many years, even though it's just around the corner. The musicians play all over the island in different groups and we see them at different venues, just not there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline