TravelTalkOnline

room suggestions for Amalfi Coast???

Posted By: ironmanps

room suggestions for Amalfi Coast??? - 03/16/2013 12:09 AM

Going the first 2 weeks of September. Staying a day and a half in Rome, then staying in Orvieto (as a base for trips to the north) for 7 days. We want to stay the last 6 days somewhere on the Amalfi Coast. We prefer the more layed back locations rather than the tourist spots. We have looked on VRBO and like sites and have a few possibles, but TTOL has been good to us as far as SXM info is concerned, so --Suggestions please.
Posted By: Temery

Re: room suggestions for Amalfi Coast??? - 03/18/2013 06:50 PM

=( sorry, we did get to visit Amalfi but only for about 3 hrs, didn't stay so have no recomms. It was deff beautiful. I think Positano was the name of the little village/town but that may be the "touristy" spot (and my memory could be wrong).
Posted By: love2travel

Re: room suggestions for Amalfi Coast??? - 03/26/2013 06:54 PM

I highly recommend the Hotel Margherita in Praiano. Praiano is on the coast midway between Amalfi and Positano. It is a small village and not touristy. The bus stops at the hotel for the scenic trip to Positano. It is a short walk down the hill to the bus stop to Amalfi. The Hotel is run by a young couple with small children. The restaurant in the hotel is very nice and the cook is the mother of one of the owners. I booked through Booking.com. Some friends later booked via email with the owners. The rooms are large and the price is reasonable especially compared to Positano. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor. Hope this helps.
Deb
Posted By: TomB

Re: room suggestions for Amalfi Coast??? - 03/28/2013 02:55 AM

I would look at Liguria vice the Amalfi Coast. Check out Lerici or Portovenere- both places are laid back not too many tourist. Ferries run back and forth between the two towns and day trips to Cinque Terre are easy. Here again short boat rides.
Posted By: ironmanps

Re: room suggestions for Amalfi Coast??? - 03/28/2013 03:01 AM

Deb,
Thanks, I checked out Hotel Margherita, and it looks great. I also had Casa Placida (from summerinitaly.com) and 2 VRBOs in Praiano that we are considering, so Praiano looks like our kind of place (great minds, etc). I am going to e-mail Margherita for a quote. Do you remember what room you had, and would you recommend that room or something else? Did your room have a terrace and/ or a sea view?
Thank you, Phil
Posted By: love2travel

Re: room suggestions for Amalfi Coast??? - 03/28/2013 02:27 PM

We had a garden view room. Although those rooms are smaller, they are very nice. The small terrace is very peaceful. Our friends had a Quadruple Seaside View. The room was very large and had a great view of the pool and sea. They had a small balcony but they said the sun was usually too intense to use it. (Early October)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline