TravelTalkOnline

St Kitts

Posted By: horncusker

St Kitts - 06/14/2022 09:42 PM

Hey there! Making my first trip to St Kitts in SEPT. We are staying at the Timothy Beach Resort on Frigate Bay/Basseterre. I have read/learned that a day trip to Nevis is necessary. Will do that. Anyone have anything else that is a fun find to do etc.?

If not I guess we just suffer dealing with the beaches, bars, restaurants on the Strip.

Thanks everyone
Aaron
Posted By: Fletch

Re: St Kitts - 06/15/2022 01:40 PM

Be sure to visit the Fortress at Brimstone Hill, make a stop to tour the Batik Factory & Gardens at Romney Manor, explore the ruins of Wingfield Estate, go Ziplining and visit the Petroglyphs. If you are adventurous consider hiring a guide to hike to the top of the volcano on Mt. Liamugia (DO NOT DO THIS without a guide). Take a snorkel trip to Shitten Bay (only accessible by boat). Take a drive to the north end of the island to view the Black Rocks Lava Flow.

Re: St Kitts - 06/15/2022 07:12 PM

Thanks so much Fletch - we will consider some of these things you have mentioned - this is great
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: St Kitts - 06/16/2022 02:26 PM

Here's a link for stuff to do on Nevis. It's a fun place but VERY laid back. The botanical gardens are a treat as well as the Hamilton museum if it is still there. Go to Sunshine's Beach Bar for a "Killer Bee".

https://nevisisland.com/

Re: St Kitts - 06/16/2022 07:14 PM

Thank you Jerry!
A Killer Bee sounds fantastic
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: St Kitts - 06/16/2022 10:27 PM

Hey Horncusker. I don’t know if you plan on renting a car but the drive along the southern peninsula (Dr. Kenneth Simmons Highway) is one of my favourite anywhere.
Posted By: Murdock

Re: St Kitts - 06/16/2022 10:57 PM

Fortress at Brimstone was impressive and amazingly well preserved. i did not want to go, but got roped into it and it did not disappoint.

The major soccer/football field/‘stadium’ was open when we were walking by and that was kind of cool for a quick peak

Re: St Kitts - 06/17/2022 05:21 PM

I am not renting a car but I will keep that in mind if we decide to go touring around, thanks Carib_Ian

Re: St Kitts - 06/17/2022 05:22 PM

Thanks Murdock, I may check those out...I see you live in Gallatin. I am in Bellevue. Small world huh?
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: St Kitts - 06/18/2022 04:02 PM

Some of the car rental agencies used to offer the use of a car on both islands. You could leave yours at the ferry dock parking area and pick up one when you arrived on Nevis. I do not know if they still do that. We used to use TDC rentals and did this a couple of times although it was quite a few years ago. I believe TDC was affiliated with Thrifty.
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: St Kitts - 06/18/2022 11:08 PM

And if you are a beach bar bum ( like me), don’t miss Shipwreck Beach Bar on South Friars Bay!
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: St Kitts - 06/19/2022 01:09 PM

Be sure to visit the hot spring fed Baths

Re: St Kitts - 06/23/2022 12:53 AM

Thanks Carib_Ian - I am a beach bar bum - I will check that place out
Posted By: Adventure123

Re: St Kitts - 06/23/2022 10:50 AM

Hi Horncusker,

Brimstone Hill Fortress this is a UNESCO world heritage site and is a massive fortress on a limestone hilltop rises nearly 800 feet above sea level.The view from here is stunning.massive fortress on a limestone hilltop rises nearly 800 feet above sea level.

The narrow gauge St. Kitts scenic railway is one of the most beautiful train rides in the world.It's a must do.Another one on the list is Mount Liamuiga hike (its a dormant volcano).

Another recommendation would be Greg's Safaris. Uses 4X4 Land Rovers to do his "unique" island Safaris with. Being specially made, the 8 Land Rovers he uses, are all open sided with mostly forward facing, stadium orientated seating, that provide his guests with the best way to experience exploring beyond the shores of St. Kitts and Nevis.Do check it out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline