TravelTalkOnline

Key West, Destin, Singer Island?

Posted By: thefosterfarm

Key West, Destin, Singer Island? - 05/02/2021 03:42 PM

I need quick recommendations! 4 adults and 2 young children need to get out of dodge (Colorado) in June. Looking for a clear, calm"ish" beach for the kids, bars for the grandparents, and other activities to do. Really Hate large crowds, but realize this can't be avoided now that we are seeing the plague decline. Would love to hear recommendations! PS, needs to be beachfront, that's the kicker Thanks!!!
Posted By: SarahJane

Re: Key West, Destin, Singer Island? - 05/02/2021 06:31 PM

Key West is not known for it's beaches. I would try Destin or Singer Island or the Clearwater area of FL.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Key West, Destin, Singer Island? - 05/02/2021 09:26 PM

The Gulf beaches of Florida are some of the best in the country, like Siesta Key, etc. I personally love tiny little Casey Key, but it may be a little quiet for you, as it is basically residential. Anna Maria has a lovely touristy area and lovely beaches. Key West is kind of overblown, to me..
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Key West, Destin, Singer Island? - 05/02/2021 11:41 PM

Delray Beach, Sarasota (Lido )key, St. Augustine Beach, Hollywood Beach, Seaside (Watercolors), Marco Island. Some of my favorites.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Key West, Destin, Singer Island? - 05/07/2021 01:52 AM

There are quite a few VRBO properties on Casey Key, as well as Siesta Key. My sense is that Siesta is more condo, while Casey has more freestanding homes. The Sarasota/Bradenton/Osprey/Nokomis area has a lot to recommend, not to mention you can fly in and out of Tampa, Sarasota/Bradenton, Ft. Myers, and maybe Venice. For restaurants and watering holes, it will be mainland, not either Siesta or Casey Keys, although the mainland is not far at all.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline