TravelTalkOnline

Pancetta Brussels Sprouts

Posted By: peconic

Pancetta Brussels Sprouts - 04/25/2009 09:08 PM

[color:"blue"]Pancetta Brussels Sprouts[/color]
"A tasty side dish that combines the flavors of garlic and pancetta with Brussels sprouts."
INGREDIENTS
3 cups water
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces pancetta bacon, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS
Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add Brussels sprouts, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. They should still be slightly firm. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Slice the sprouts in half, and set aside.
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and pancetta; cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until garlic is lightly browned. Add the remaining olive oil and Brussels sprouts. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring until the sprouts are well coated with the flavor. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 more minutes before serving.

I love this recipe, but I added a half a cup of half and half at the end and let it simmer for a bit. It made it even better! So creamy and still had that salty pancetta taste.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Pancetta Brussels Sprouts - 04/25/2009 09:25 PM

Yum! I love brussels sprouts, and this looks delicious!
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Pancetta Brussels Sprouts - 04/25/2009 10:08 PM

Sprinkle those (lovely) sprouts with a light touch of freshly shaved Reggiano???

Substitute some fresh Spring Asparagus for the Sprouts! ( about 3 weeks until I'm cutting my own!)

Garnish with some fresh chopped Roma tomato? Toasted Pine Nuts?

MMMMM MMMMM GOOD!

Breeze
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline