TravelTalkOnline

Gluten Free Recipes?

Posted By: love2travel

Gluten Free Recipes? - 02/18/2012 08:40 PM

We are having a few friends for dinner next weekend and two of them are gluten free. Anyone have some favorite gluten free recipes? Thanks.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Gluten Free Recipes? - 02/18/2012 10:13 PM

This is an easy recipe that I have used for dessert for friends with Celiac and they love it.

Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe

Flourless chocolate cake is moist and decadent. I like to serve this flourless chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Ingredients:
•8 oz. good-quality chocolate, chopped
•1/2 cup butter
•2/3 cup sugar
•3 large eggs, beaten

Preparation:

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch round cake pan. Line with a circle of parchment paper. Butter over the parchment paper.

2.In a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water (make sure the bowl is not touching the water; it should sit above it), melt the chocolate pieces and butter together until smooth.

3.Remove from heat. Beat in the sugar and eggs. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, until the top of the cake looks like a brownie and a cake tester comes out wet.

4.Cool 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate, and cool completely.
Serve topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or confectioner's sugar.
Posted By: peconic

Re: Gluten Free Recipes? - 02/18/2012 10:16 PM

Shrimp Scampi over rice... rice is gluten free...
if cooked with water or homemade chicken stock...
some (most) canned chicken stocks have gluten...

Or you can serve the scampi over gluten free pasta...
There are a number available... (a simple GOOGLE search for brands)...
but I don't know how good they are, I have never tried any personally...
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Gluten Free Recipes? - 02/19/2012 02:52 PM

A nice steak, baked potato, and a salad is always good. That and the cake recipe above, and you have a good meal. If you want to have an appetizer, shrimp cocktail would be nice. Just watch for sauces that have MSG, which they can not have.

Re: Gluten Free Recipes? - 02/19/2012 06:14 PM

Thank Islandgem! That looks like a cake that everyone will enjoy.

Re: Gluten Free Recipes? - 02/19/2012 06:16 PM

You are so right! Rice is gluten free. We can get Pacific brand chicken broth in our area and it is gluten free so I think I will make risotto. Thanks for helping me brainstorm!

Re: Gluten Free Recipes? - 02/19/2012 06:19 PM

Thanks Orange Burst. I think I will make your menu except substitute risotto for the potato........lots of Italians in this gang. Not sure I need an appetizer. I might just put out some nuts and/or olives to snack on with drinks.
Thanks so much everyone for helping me get my menu together!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline