TravelTalkOnline

Leverick Question

Posted By: pk5352

Leverick Question - 01/12/2016 06:27 PM

Hey all-
If I am staying on the dock at Leverick, is there a time by which I need to vacate my slip? We may have a dive appointment with DiveBVI one morning and may want to leave the boat in slip until 1230/1pm. Anybody know?
Posted By: SeaSeaRider

Re: Leverick Question - 01/12/2016 07:00 PM

Have you asked Nick directly?
Posted By: LivinLarge

Re: Leverick Question - 01/13/2016 03:45 PM

I messaged Nicked ... he said:

Depends if its busy or not, usually around 10am
Posted By: SuburbanDharma

Re: Leverick Question - 01/13/2016 03:49 PM

I would guess that under most circumstances if you just told them ahead of time they'd be able to plan around it. Everywhere has been super busy lately & twice last week (or the week before, not sure) we had to hover outside the dock at a couple places until another boat left the slip.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Leverick Question - 01/13/2016 04:04 PM

You didn't say when it was, but sometimes they have flotillas booked that take up the entire dock.

You could always move your boat out to a mooring ball, too.
Posted By: pk5352

Re: Leverick Question - 01/13/2016 06:44 PM

Thanks for the responses, all. Stupidly, I had not thought about doing an early morning move out to a ball. Someone will likely have left early to head to Anegada or similar. In any case, I will contact Nick directly. Thanks again!
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Leverick Question - 01/13/2016 07:33 PM

I think a lot of people can understand a momentary < oops> like that. When you are juggling itinerary and subsets of < we'll be here, what else can we do from that spot> it is pretty easy to < oopsie>.

Remember, you can move to a mooring from your slip in the morning before your dive rendezvous, and if you leave the mooring before fee collection, you won't owe a late departure slip fee or even a mooring fee.

Posted By: LivinLarge

Re: Leverick Question - 01/13/2016 08:21 PM

Still ... it was a good question. We are making our first bareboat next july with a planned stop at Leverick for a day. We have a slip reserved but I never even thought to ask check in/out times. This info was needed to make sure our plans work out.
Posted By: floet

Re: Leverick Question - 01/14/2016 12:42 AM

How does one contact Nick directly? We plan to moor but would like a vehicle for The Baths and lunch out and reservations for Friday night Barbeque.
Deb in ABQ
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Leverick Question - 01/14/2016 01:00 AM

nick@surfbvi.com
Posted By: calsail

Re: Leverick Question - 01/14/2016 02:30 AM

Move out to a mooring for the morning.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline