TravelTalkOnline

Current scoop on restaurants

Posted By: Flotsam

Current scoop on restaurants - 01/12/2016 10:41 PM

I'm sailing first week of March this year, but haven't made the trip in about 3 years now (tragic, long story). I've got 8 people along, 6 of which are repeat offenders, i.e. been to Foxy's. The other two won't know the difference anyway. I'd love to hear your latest thoughts on the best dinner choices for the following locations:

West End: Fish & Lime? Scaramouche? Frenchmen's?
Jost Van Dyke: Anywhere but Foxy's.
Anegada: Someplace other than Reef Hotel.
Cane Garden Bay: Done a few, your favorites?

Thanks in advance,
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/12/2016 11:38 PM

On Anegada, definitely try the Wonky Dog. Some of the best meals we've had, ever.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/13/2016 12:19 AM

Scaramouche..Wonky Dog..cab to The (NEW) Sugar Mill and Gene's in Carrot Bay..
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/13/2016 01:51 PM

If you are in CGB on a Friday or Sunday, the Elm is a must. BBQ and music is fantastic.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/13/2016 06:29 PM

What Colleen said...BTW ..I have never ever seen CGB in the state it was today...we had high surf and a high tide and a ridiculous influx of cruise shippers..it was a literal obstacle course to try to get from the parking lot to Rhymer's for breakfast with up to five rows of chairs ,two rows with sea running under them, and umbrellas ready to take out an eye..there was no way we were staying for a beach day and got out of there as fast as we could..after getting the jitney driver who was blocking us in to move ( he was pleasant for a change)..sorry but this is not fun for anyone except the chair renters and taxi drivers...thank Dog they leave early afternoon..
Posted By: msdj69

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/13/2016 07:35 PM

I really like Corsairs on Jost Van Dyke. It's on the shore of Great Harbour, down the road from Foxy's. Opinions are mixed on this forum but I've always had a great experience there. Two thumbs up from my standpoint.
Posted By: SuburbanDharma

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/13/2016 08:22 PM

We had great pizza at Corsairs a couple weeks ago. The vibe isn't as friendly as it used to be but service was excellent & food was good. That said, we usually just cook dinner onboard at JVD these days.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/13/2016 08:36 PM

given the Canadian US exchange, we have been cooking on board a lot more. 1.45x exchange hurts.
Posted By: floet

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/14/2016 01:05 AM

Hey, SubDharma from NC, you're not lovin' the food offerings much near JVD? We had Harris' Place Monday night lobster fest on our list based on recommendations we've read.
Deb
Posted By: calsail

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/14/2016 02:27 AM

We always stop at Abe's for lobster in Little Harbor. Not crowded and exceptional lobster. If you go over for a day Abe will rent you a car, pickup and delivery at the ferry dock. Lobster lunch can be arranged.
Posted By: calsail

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/14/2016 02:28 AM

And of course we love Sydney's, site of our wedding reception in 1985.
Posted By: SuburbanDharma

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/14/2016 03:22 AM

I'll put Little Harbour on the list for next time but I'm not much of a seafood lover. I lean heavily vegetarian but since I'm not a real vegetarian (yet), I'm ok with picking around the meat or ordering the occasional chicken or burger.

I'd love to try some new places, as long as they serve veggies along with the other stuff!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Current scoop on restaurants - 01/14/2016 04:19 AM

Wonky Dog. Enough said.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline