TravelTalkOnline

Mid April bareboat sail ...questions

Posted By: Jul55

Mid April bareboat sail ...questions - 03/24/2016 04:30 PM

My husband and I and a newbie couple are sailing soon!! We are finally returning after five years. Last time we went was in May, will it be harder to get mooring now? Also, never been to Leverick Bay and it sounds good. Can we reserve a slip? Can we leave the boat there to explore Virgin Gorda? Safe? Can you really BBQ without setting boat on fire? Never did that before. Any suggestions for great music? We were too late in season last time. Any suggestions for making the trip even more awesome than we expect? Thanks!!!
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Mid April bareboat sail ...questions - 03/24/2016 04:32 PM

Not sure on the mooring - never been in April, but if its during spring break, I'd assume it would be more difficult.

For a slip, contact Nick and make a reservation - it can fill up. And yes you can leave the boat at Leverick and explore - we try not to leave it too late - usually we spend too nights and leave early morning - this way we have a whole day to explore.

When using the BBQ, just move the dinghy away from it.
Posted By: capndar

Re: Mid April bareboat sail ...questions - 03/24/2016 04:41 PM

I had one Spring Break experience - never again by choice!
Posted By: Jul55

Re: Mid April bareboat sail ...questions - 03/24/2016 04:58 PM

This is after spring break. At least I certainly hope so!!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Mid April bareboat sail ...questions - 03/24/2016 05:24 PM

Also, do not BBQ on the dock. Mooring or anchor are OK, but not on the dock where you could start a fire or ruin your neighbors evening.
Posted By: jpfitzy7

Re: Mid April bareboat sail ...questions - 03/24/2016 06:02 PM

we sailed last year in the 2nd week in April and never had a problem getting a mooring. Most were filled by 3:00 though and some by 2:00. We are going down again April 1 for a week and are planning 2 nights at Leverick (our first time there!).
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Mid April bareboat sail ...questions - 03/24/2016 09:32 PM

Saw on another post you are sailing April 10-18.

You will be barely overlapping the big Northeast public school vacation, which will be 4/16 to 4/24. Probably will not affect you while sailing, but FOR SURE be prepared for airport madness on your way back home, especially if you are routed through any airport on the east coast.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline