TravelTalkOnline

Overnight in St Thomas

Posted By: Sunnykm

Overnight in St Thomas - 07/24/2016 05:14 AM

Group of five returning in November (Yay!!!) and we will most likely need to transit overnight in St Thomas before and after charter. Last year we stayed at the BW Emerald Beach Hotel but I have read a few pretty poor reviews here.

Suggestions? Thank you in advance!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/24/2016 11:59 AM

What about Ronnie's Crystal Palace? It's a really cool historical house, great view out over the harbor, and Ronnie picks up at airport and drops off at ferry, for free! Or Mafolie, for a REALLY spectacular view? Only problem with either of those places is that they are really small, so there may not be room for your party. Mafolie has the added bonus of having a restaurant on site.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/24/2016 12:06 PM

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...part=2&vc=1

This thread is in the USVI forum, might want to check out some suggestions there, too.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/24/2016 02:22 PM

We like Emerald Beach very much..if you can get it for about $200 a night..that's where we stay if can. Windward Passage is a second choice...funky hotel layout but very nice rooms..their pricing s all over the place..under $200 its worth it..
Posted By: toast

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/24/2016 02:51 PM

I second Crystal palace. Stayed there in 2012. Convenient, beautiful view and walk to old town.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/24/2016 05:15 PM

Island View Guest House -- Olga's fancy -- Mafolie Hotel -- Island Beachcomber -- Green Iguana

All come to mind when I suggest an overnight - as well as the ones mentioned.
Posted By: Chriskal

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/26/2016 12:01 AM

We we're at the Mafolie last night and it was fantastic. Great to lace to unwind for a day after charter. [u][/u]

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/26/2016 12:09 AM

Haven't eaten there or stayed there. Had cocktails there one night and the view from there is amazing. Next time I spend the night in STT, I think I will try it..
Posted By: Chriskal

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/26/2016 12:14 AM

We had dinner there last night and it might have been the best meal of our trip. Continental breakfast, with an omelette station is included with the room as well. Good stuff all the way around. I was impressed and we will be back next time.
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/26/2016 02:14 AM

We stayed at Mafolie last year and enjoyed it. Our room was tiny but clean and well kept. Dinner was great, the little pool bar was fun, and the included breakfast was very good. Would have stayed this year but they were sold out. Only downside is that there are no elevators for this property on 3 levels so steps are a bitch.

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/26/2016 02:37 AM

I don't deal well with stairs, but for one night, I would put up with it, for that view!!
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Overnight in St Thomas - 07/26/2016 02:00 PM

Carol_Hill said:
I don't deal well with stairs, but for one night, I would put up with it, for that view!!

and we did and will do again...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline